When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Empty Feeling - Thursday Ranting

siesta181

Guys...

Do you get that empty feeling when everything you have ordered has arrived.

Yes, though these items (be it straps, watches, CGs or watever...) are in your hands, enjoyed and admired but there is a sense of emptiness, nothing to look forward to. No more anxiety, like there's nothing to look forward to when you check your mailbox. Worse still, you get that itch to flash out your credit card and make another transaction just to get that "feeling" again. Even if it's as insignificant as hands from DSN.

Am I the only one ? I think I have a problem here.

Cheers

Siesta

Guys...

Do you get that empty feeling when everything you have ordered has arrived.

Yes, though these items (be it straps, watches, CGs or watever...) are in your hands, enjoyed and admired but there is a sense of emptiness, nothing to look forward to. No more anxiety, like there's nothing to look forward to when you check your mailbox. Worse still, you get that itch to flash out your credit card and make another transaction just to get that "feeling" again. Even if it's as insignificant as hands from DSN.

Am I the only one ? I think I have a problem here.

Cheers

Siesta

Usually I am too busy checking out the watch to get an empty feeling. I try to find out what makes this watch special and the history of this model-line or brand. I think about how to make the story a fitting train of thought and what pictures could suit it. I test it and maybe start to modify it. It's all part of my hobby - just buying a replica is the smallest part of it for me, to be honest. ;)

Try it out yourself and you will see how the watch grows on you even more and more.

The watches I have tested and invested time and effort into are the ones I like most.

Cheers!

I feel your pain Brother.

I suspect I may end up in the Betty Ford watchaholic Recovery Clinic soon enough. I got it bad...

So bad infact I've had a change of tact with myself, instead of waiting to have too many watches that I either need to sell some or buy a bigger watch box, I have pre-empted myself by buying another watch box when, as of yet I don't have any watches to put in it.

GENIUS me thinks, so now I am waiting for a box that I now need to decide how best to fill it..

But I think if we want to approach this in mature manner then Modding is the way forward. I got a pretty poor White pam and I've made it my mission to make it repectable no matter how much its going to cost me in time and effort.

Also send a watch that doesnt get much wrist time off to k2222 or chief for some AR it takes a while but theres quite a thrill to be had from that.

I'm sure you've tried all this already if your at the point of buying DSN hands!!!!

What have we become?

I am a watchaholic, its not big or clever but i like it

You are not alone, worry not , now go buy that AP sec's @ 12 I hear it calling you ,

ST4

Usually I am too busy checking out the watch to get an empty feeling. I try to find out what makes this watch special and the history of this model-line or brand. I think about how to make the story a fitting train of thought and what pictures could suit it. I test it and maybe start to modify it. It's all part of my hobby - just buying a replica is the smallest part of it for me, to be honest. ;)

Try it out yourself and you will see how the watch grows on you even more and more.

The watches I have tested and invested time and effort into are the ones I like most.

Cheers!

Guess you are right. Though one caveat is that I may actually inadvertantly read up about another watch and end up with another purchase. Watch photography is one way i guess, but I am afraid that might lead to another addiction.

Guess modding is the way to go huh.... :victory:

Much appreciated

I feel your pain Brother.

I suspect I may end up in the Betty Ford watchaholic Recovery Clinic soon enough. I got it bad...

So bad infact I've had a change of tact with myself, instead of waiting to have too many watches that I either need to sell some or buy a bigger watch box, I have pre-empted myself by buying another watch box when, as of yet I don't have any watches to put in it.

GENIUS me thinks, so now I am waiting for a box that I now need to decide how best to fill it..

But I think if we want to approach this in mature manner then Modding is the way forward. I got a pretty poor White pam and I've made it my mission to make it repectable no matter how much its going to cost me in time and effort.

Also send a watch that doesnt get much wrist time off to k2222 or chief for some AR it takes a while but theres quite a thrill to be had from that.

I'm sure you've tried all this already if your at the point of buying DSN hands!!!!

What have we become?

I am a watchaholic, its not big or clever but i like it

You are not alone, worry not , now go buy that AP sec's @ 12 I hear it calling you ,

ST4

I am at the stage where I mod my watch (of coz if its within my capability) and you know what... I have been eyeing madstal's 6 watch Panerai box... :p

I tried on the AP at an AD earlier this work and you are absolutely right. It's calling me. Does anyone know how reliable the new movt is? Anyone???

Doomed we are all.