When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New China APROO Seca at 12, have good is it?

Dani

I see alot of talk here and their so i thought maybe best to have one thread to talk about flaws and show them, also talk about fix on some of them.

date window seems to differ tru when models where issued.

but the subdials that we need to talk about are they very wrong or is it only a light flaw? what models has the best subdials?

i have had the mbk sec at 9 and i feel the China sec at 12 is very well made so to bad if the flaws will make it bad.

Cheers

Guest Sql_pl

As far as I know the flaws are as follows:

All models:

- crown is a bit too high due to different movement - should not be on the same line with chrono pushers

- date window is a bit too close to tachymeter scale - once again caused by different movement

Black dial Themes in SS:

- no silver surrounding around hour markers

- weak lume

- date aperture in silver while most of gens have it in black (I have actually seen only ONE gen SS black themes with silver date aperture)

White dial Themes in SS:

- subdials too dark

White dial Rubberclad:

- subdials too dark

- silver date aperture instead of black

Black dial rubberclad:

- subdials seem to be too shiny

- wrong silver date aperture once again

Also on rubberclads it looks like the Audemars Piguet on the clasp is laser etched or something - not as deeply engraved as in gen.

If you notice anything else please feel free to update the list above.

As far as I know the flaws are as follows:

All models:

- crown is a bit too high due to different movement - should not be on the same line with chrono pushers

- date window is a bit too close to tachymeter scale - once again caused by different movement

Black dial Themes in SS:

- no silver surrounding around hour markers

- weak lume

- date aperture in silver while most of gens have it in black (I have actually seen only ONE gen SS black themes with silver date aperture)

White dial Themes in SS:

- subdials too dark

White dial Rubberclad:

- subdials too dark

- silver date aperture instead of black

Black dial rubberclad:

- subdials seem to be too shiny

- wrong silver date aperture once again

Also on rubberclads it looks like the Audemars Piguet on the clasp is laser etched or something - not as deeply engraved as in gen.

If you notice anything else please feel free to update the list above.

I woud think its posibel to fix the shiny subdials on the black RC some clear glossy grey lacker?

Maybe mr The Zigmeister is up for that challenge :D

A guy I used to work with had a gen white dial rubber clad, I absolutely love that watch and decided that I had to have one. Up until now I had been holding back as the reps were not that good, but I think it may be time to pull the trigger.

1. The most obvious tell that I see on the new rep is the hour and minute hands appear to be too fat where they pivot.

2. The black outline of the hour markers look bolder on the gen

Also over on italiano17771's thread I also noticed that the screws holding the bezel on looked marred up.

roorubber.jpg

A guy I used to work with had a gen white dial rubber clad, I absolutely love that watch and decided that I had to have one. Up until now I had been holding back as the reps were not that good, but I think it may be time to pull the trigger.

1. The most obvious tell that I see on the new rep is the hour and minute hands appear to be too fat where they pivot.

2. The black outline of the hour markers look bolder on the gen

Also over on italiano17771's thread I also noticed that the screws holding the bezel on looked marred up.

roorubber.jpg

Thanks for the comperison photo.

Cheers