When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111H, CHECK IT OUT Options

Thor

Page 1:

check it out this new pam that i got... my second pam in a week and third watch ion a week too. hehe...

love the sandwich dial...

197-8277.jpg

post-7179-1207583729_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome... is this the new generation 111h? Where'd you get this one :)

Great looking dial, thick cg. How's the lume?

Very nice. Is the crystal AR coated?

to bad the lume is poor.. tot of relume... RIVER

yes AR coated... COOL

love this watch, thinking of getting this

whats the movement?

Looks like Swiss Unitas

Weird... That white seconds hand doesn't have any lume as it should. Also, it appears that the print of second "S" in "L SWISS MADE L" is lifting from the dial. You may want to ask River about that.

that is a Swiss Unitas 6497-17J handwind movt...

on a closer look... the third S on the print L SWISS MADE L looks a bit weird...

it doesn't look good.

It looks terrible.

contact yr dealer.

Not to pile on, but i would ask the dealer about the CG pin too. It looks like maybe they are using the shorter pins from the old guards on the new ones.

Poor guy - he's just enjoying his new 'baby' and the board gets out the 'magnifying glass' - fair comments, but maybe he gets a week of bliss ... BBB

some ppl like it some dont... but i love my PAM111H... cheer...

10 Rep = 1 Gen

EVERY rep has it's flaws and some flaws bug some people while other flaws do not.

In the end YO' ASS is going to be the one who has to sport the lovely beast on his wrist so as long as you are happy is all that matters!

Totally agree... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And enjoy your beauty, buddy burrppp... :drunksing:

Thank Mate ... there is always room for improvement...

Appreciated my fellow members on the comments too.... have E-mail River about the issue...

:newbie: :newbie: :newbie:

Have to laugh at most of you guys......being all critical of a photograph which is around 250 x lifesize.......the fault on Swiss Made....probably can't be seen by eye......and yet you guys are bumping your gums and want PERFECTION........for less than 10% of the price of genuine....... :comp2:

If the fault can be seen only with a loupe....it's no fault.....!

Page 2:

That incorrect seconds hand sticks out like a sore thumb and would be unacceptable to me.

@shasta....I agree about the second hand....that's glaringly obvious and is noticeable with the naked eye.....but the pad printing at 6 ..isn't.....!

There is a lot of dust over the dial and a hair over the minute hand. I hope that this is all on the outside of the crystal.

Noob here, Can you guys point out some hints on why the second hand is glaringly obvious? The bad printing at 6 is pretty easy to see, but I'm having trouble seeing the big difference with the second hand.

It looks like it dropped in a can of white paint

Got it.... The reason I was asking was because I also picked a 111H up from River, and the second hand looks quite a bit different in person. I think it may be because of a flash or reflection in the picture. The center of the second hand is the same color as the lume on the minute and hour hands, and it is outlined in white. Looks pretty close to the pics on the official website. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the gen has a white outline or silver. It's tough to tell on the PAM website.

His pic made it look like there was no lume on the second hand. That's what I was originally pointing out. And, I disagree about the bad printing on the 3rd S in SWISS. I've seen similar before, and it is noticeable with the naked eye. Inaccurate font is one thing, but faulty printing is unacceptable.

Besides, the bacterium between the "A" and the "I" of "PANERAI" is a bit too blue.

more to pic to look closer... fellow member...

sorry cant seems to load to pics....

:comp2: :comp2: :comp2:

uh, it hasn't been said that maybe it's just a camera error, looking at the glare on the crystal, I'd say the second hand is over-exposed and the fact it's probably moving in the shot, could reduce all it's definition even at such a high resolution?

The 111H is indeed an impressive rep., an excellent choice. burrppp probably can determine this by having one in hand and can tough out any critique. Hey burrppp, my god man, there's dust on your new watch! What were you thinking?

ok here's my point in graphic example.

Main image is 111H showing off it's nice AR coating, and the second hand looks fine. inset image is the same watch, overexposed and the second hand turns white ...

198-8275.jpg

Good point well made....

Of course it's the photo - they would not fit a hand that was filled with paint - why bother to do something as obviously bad as that. Wear it well and if you must worry about anything then worry about paying for a re-lume and new cannon pinion.