When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cost of modding on 001

dabal

the sky is the limit :)

i would get the parts (canon pin, crown+tube) from Davidsan and have it

installed from a local watchsmith.

the dial reluming is more expensive and you need to find someone with skills for the 001 ;)

- its cheaper to get a dial - already with SL from Davidsan too.

cheers,

Frank

ok, i think it seems cheaper to get a DSN then modding,,,

i'll get a dsn pam instead

what do you think about DSN 02A, and DSN 010D, ?

btw, does anyone have better pics of DSN 010D? the pics are too small on DSN forum,

thanks all,

-dabal

Edited by dabal

IMO DSNs complete watches are not as good as a standard rep modded with some DSN parts. Though this is the more expensive way I'd prefer it over a complete DSN pam.

The standard rep case from our collectors here are spot on, well made and are cheap. The movements are good, too. I bought a standard rep 111H from precious time some weeks ago and it came well regulated (does about +1 second a day - thats within COSC standards!). The movement is clean and came allready oiled.

Only problem is the AR. Actually it is not anti reflective, it was more like super reflective and had an ugly blue tint. I removed it and will have the crystal ARed later...

I modded it with DSNs dial and hands and one of V's marvelous crown guards. A rwg crown will be next. I bought various straps for it - genuine rubber with deployant clasp, one from strap culture and a cheap buffalo leather from DSN which is made very well and feels soft and high quality to my surprise.

Total cost was about $650.

IMO DSNs complete watches are not as good as a standard rep modded with some DSN parts. Though this is the more expensive way I'd prefer it over a complete DSN pam.

The standard rep case from our collectors here are spot on, well made and are cheap. The movements are good, too. I bought a standard rep 111H from precious time some weeks ago and it came well regulated (does about +1 second a day - thats within COSC standards!). The movement is clean and came allready oiled.

Only problem is the AR. Actually it is not anti reflective, it was more like super reflective and had an ugly blue tint. I removed it and will have the crystal ARed later...

I modded it with DSNs dial and hands and one of V's marvelous crown guards. A rwg crown will be next. I bought various straps for it - genuine rubber with deployant clasp, one from strap culture and a cheap buffalo leather from DSN which is made very well and feels soft and high quality to my surprise.

Total cost was about $650.

that is the perfect way to go :)

here is mine - DSN + Jimmy Fu Mix :

DSC01903.jpg

cheers,

Frank