When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EVO or Blackbird Advice

yld2rob

I have been researching and looking at getting the Blackbird or EVO and still needs some advice.

Stores TT and PC- Josh have both of them even though it looks like the EVO ultimate 1:1 is going to be out of stock for a while. I have noticed that even on the 1:1 ultimate(double AR, updated date font)there looks like a gap between the band and the bottom of the watch face on each side. I think this would be a dead giveaway that the watch is a rep. I am looking for the most perfect model of each one.

Any advice on the perfect Blackbird rep? Updated date font/double AR seems again to be what to look for on the most updated best reps. Neither TT and PC site state that the rep is a 1:1 ultimate or a gen watch was used to copy the rep.

Both have flaws or "tells", so don't think that one is more perfect than the other. The question is really what dial and bracelet do you like better. The brushed steel or the polished steel, the black dial big date or the various BCE incarnations. Select carefully to make sure you do get the updated date font on the BCE, if that's what you end up choosing.

Edited by alanytical

I have both. The BCE is much closer to the gen if you have it with the correct date font. The BB has many flaws: the hour markers are too thin, the numbers on the sub dials are smaller, the date window is too wide, the circles on the sub dials are not perfect (compared to a mag picture of the gen), the back cover of the case is totally wrong (although this version used to be in an old model?) in the writing and the shape (the gen cover is a little dommed like the BCE while the rep is flat, which is more comfortable for the wrist for such a heavy weight watch but wrong if you compare to gen). Not to mention the pearl, hopefully you'll get a good one. I agree that the blackbird bracelet looks and feels better, but the BCE bracelet is also OK and what you are mentioning about the gap is hard to notice.

So definitely , go for the ultimate BCE with correct DW if you can find one..

I agree and I like my blackbird and I will never think of selling it. I just expressed my frustration at the makers who replicated such a beautiful watch but screwed in these small details that make the rep quite easy to spot. Why? They had the gen as a sample? I can't understand this.