When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111h project progress...

mjmurphy926

I'm working on a 111h project that I plan to document here.

It all started with Andrew's entry level $158 111h.

The first thing I did was to move the crown closer to the case. See here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76968

Next was to swap the low end Asian movement with Asian dagger swan neck movement. I had purchased a cheap unbranded PVD with dagger swan neck on ebay and I was thinking about using the movement from that watch, but I decided that I wanted the Panerai engraving on the bridges, so I purchased Andrew's $228 177h and swapped the movements between the 2 Andrew watches.

While attempting to regulate the movement, I realized that I couldn't get the swanny to slow down enough, but I remembered that I was able to adjust my unbranded movement to run fast or slow, so I should be able to get it within +/- a couple seconds per day. So, I swapped the bridges between the two swannys and installed the dial and hands that came with the 111h onto the new combined movement. Then I installed the movement into the case. Although the swan neck adjustment screw is too short to allow adjustment throughout the full range of the scale (common to Asian swan necks), it is long enough for adjusting where it's needed. I currently have it regulated to -1 sec every 2 days (1/2 sec per day). The only issue I have with the movement now is the paint applied to the engravings is pretty sloppy, but I'm reasonably confident I can clean it up.

A few new pix:

IMG_0836_edit_small.jpg

IMG_0841_edit_small.jpg

And the new movement:

IMG_0857_edit_small.jpg

Next up is a new sapphire crystal which is on the way from DSN. I'll send it out to one of our AR gurus for treatment (Just gotta decide if I want single or double).

I am hopeful that I can buy one of the awesome V CGs from Kostas. We'll see. I'm also planning to get one of the RWG crowns from T.

I hope to have these mods complete by the end of September because it's scheduled to go to Zig in November for re-lume and cannon pin fix.

More to come...

Do you know anyone who carries a PAM 111H dial wilth the "L swiss made L" spacing that is like the gen? I think you need to update that too.

I'm working on a 111h project that I plan to document here.

It all started with Andrew's entry level $158 111h.

The first thing I did was to move the crown closer to the case. See here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=76968

Next was to swap the low end Asian movement with Asian dagger swan neck movement. I had purchased a cheap unbranded PVD with dagger swan neck on ebay and I was thinking about using the movement from that watch, but I decided that I wanted the Panerai engraving on the bridges, so I purchased Andrew's $228 177h and swapped the movements between the 2 Andrew watches.

While attempting to regulate the movement, I realized that I couldn't get the swanny to slow down enough, but I remembered that I was able to adjust my unbranded movement to run fast or slow, so I should be able to get it within +/- a couple seconds per day. So, I swapped the bridges between the two swannys and installed the dial and hands that came with the 111h onto the new combined movement. Then I installed the movement into the case. Although the swan neck adjustment screw is too short to allow adjustment throughout the full range of the scale (common to Asian swan necks), it is long enough for adjusting where it's needed. I currently have it regulated to -1 sec every 2 days (1/2 sec per day). The only issue I have with the movement now is the paint applied to the engravings is pretty sloppy, but I'm reasonably confident I can clean it up.

A few new pix:

IMG_0836_edit_small.jpg

IMG_0841_edit_small.jpg

And the new movement:

IMG_0857_edit_small.jpg

Next up is a new sapphire crystal which is on the way from DSN. I'll send it out to one of our AR gurus for treatment (Just gotta decide if I want single or double).

I am hopeful that I can buy one of the awesome V CGs from Kostas. We'll see. I'm also planning to get one of the RWG crowns from T.

I hope to have these mods complete by the end of September because it's scheduled to go to Zig in November for re-lume and cannon pin fix.

More to come...

Do you know anyone who carries a PAM 111H dial wilth the "L swiss made L" spacing that is like the gen? I think you need to update that too.

Hey Pete,

I agree. I'd like to see a dial with L SWISS MADE L a little lower and the As have the cross bar a little higher. DSN used to sell a pretty nice dial, but his latest 111h dials look worse than the one on my watch.

There has been talk of someone (sorry, I don't know who) on RWG putting together a project to make an accurate 111h dial. I really this comes to fruition.

Thanks for the feedback,

Mike

Fantastic work and its great to follow your Progress. I am expeting an entry level 111H from Silix next week. i already have a good sapphire and the V CG. Just need to source the swanneck and some AR, Relume and a cannon fix.

However yourself and Athan are giving me great guidance with your posts.

Don't forget to add the correct shape of the 2, 3, 6 and the yellow offwhite font for the perfect H-series dial...... ;)

Love the strap!

Yep...Thanks for pointing out the other flaws scoobs...Am I correct in that, for now anyway, the only options for a 111h (sandwich) dial are cartel, DSN, or gen? Are there other options I am unaware of?

I love the strap too. Thanks. It's Strap Culture legend II #7. I have a few SC straps and I love them all.

Fantastic work and its great to follow your Progress. I am expeting an entry level 111H from Silix next week. i already have a good sapphire and the V CG. Just need to source the swanneck and some AR, Relume and a cannon fix.

However yourself and Athan are giving me great guidance with your posts.

Thanks Seltea...Glad I can help. Can't wait to see yours.

...Am I correct in that, for now anyway, the only options for a 111h (sandwich) dial are cartel, DSN, or gen?

Indeed the only options are either a DSN dial or a standard rep dial from one of the other collectors. I'm afraid you're not going to find any gen dial.....

Good luck with modding! I'm sure you'll be happy with the result of all the mods.