When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need some1s help - 7750 crown release button....

hiker01

I tried to remove the movement of my Vintage Daytona 6263 from the case and the crown release button won't budge! Is it fixed on

this version of this Daytona? Any tips would be highly appreciated!

Here's how it looks like (Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement):

7550modck8.jpg

I dont recall anything being special about it.

If you pushed it to hard you probably screwed it up. I think it can fubar the keyless works too...

You have to be very gentle when removing it.. Probably will need repair at this point... :(

Hope someone can correct me and say I'm wrong..

I dont recall anything being special about it.

If you pushed it to hard you probably screwed it up. I think it can fubar the keyless works too...

You have to be very gentle when removing it.. Probably will need repair at this point... :(

Hope someone can correct me and say I'm wrong..

Dude! It won't depress!!! Believe me, gentleness on this sucker just won't cut it! I am scared if I push any harder we'll both end up in China! :p

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am sure that the watch mechs are going to jump down my throat for this... But I have had the exact same problem and I used the very smallest of drops of wd40 on it. I mean if you see the wd40, then you used to much. I let it sit over night and she worked in the morning.

NOW, with that said the movement I was taking apart was in MUCH worse condition than yours.

I am sure that the watch mechs are going to jump down my throat for this... But I have had the exact same problem and I used the very smallest of drops of wd40 on it. I mean if you see the wd40, then you used to much. I let it sit over night and she worked in the morning.

NOW, with that said the movement I was taking apart was in MUCH worse condition than yours.

Hey CBR! Any race this weekend? Still waiting for SirLance to come come back from vacation b4 he could start with that NOOB project! Thanks for the engine, he got it Mon.

just b4 he left! ....If nobody else chimes in, I'll try ur WD40 fix! AMybe just a pin drop?

Thanks, Dude!

It might have and you did not notice it. Maybe very little play in this one and now farked up..

Did this to my 2006 Cousteau Diver... sold it broken for cheap. :(

But my fingers are crossed for you...

Hey.... WD40 ?? lol... no... just kidding..

DT.....I probably would have felt it if it gives! The crown still winds and adjust time as normal....watch runs ok, too! I just need to take out the movement to transfer to another

case koz I cracked the plexi-plastic!

Hike

Your not pressing hard enough.

If the set lever went in place (which it did because it's sitting there) then it can be pushed down to release the stem. Sometimes the spring that holds in down is very stiff, I mean really stiff...

I don't suggest the oil, if it doesn't release the oil is not your fix, because the pin rotates when you move the crown from winding to dateset to time setting, if it was seized, you couldn't move the crown in or out...

RG

Your not pressing hard enough.

If the set lever went in place (which it did because it's sitting there) then it can be pushed down to release the stem. Sometimes the spring that holds in down is very stiff, I mean really stiff...

I don't suggest the oil, if it doesn't release the oil is not your fix, because the pin rotates when you move the crown from winding to dateset to time setting, if it was seized, you couldn't move the crown in or out...

RG

Thanks, The Zigmeister! I'll try it again! I'm just worried that if I push too hard and it suddenly gives, it'll go so deep and I'll ruin the keyless works! But I have no choice, the darn plexi-plastic on this one is cracked!

Thanks all, too~!

Hike

What up Hike. We just got home.

The Zigmeister is right, it's not like the 28xx movements, You have to be firm with this one. It is possible to fug up the keyless, but not at ALL like the 28xx eta's.

I have not started you noob just yet, will prolly sit down tomorrow night and get it straight for you. Was too busy looking at all the boobs on the SC beaches this week. I am sure you can understand. :)

What up Hike. We just got home.

The Zigmeister is right, it's not like the 28xx movements, You have to be firm with this one. It is possible to fug up the keyless, but not at ALL like the 28xx eta's.

I have not started you noob just yet, will prolly sit down tomorrow night and get it straight for you. Was too busy looking at all the boobs on the SC beaches this week. I am sure you can understand. :)

Hey SirLance! Welcome home, you perv you! LOL! Take your time with the NOOB, I'd rather have the boobie pictures! I miss the SC shores in the summer and I haven't been there

for awhile, so you gotta show me what I missed! Arriba! Andali....andali!!!!

Hike!

Noobs and Boobs... What a wonderful topic!

See waht happens when guys think the same.....we could even rhyme!!!! Now if we could only RAP :band1: ......we'l be buying GENS!!! :yahoo:

HheeeeeHawwwww!

Hike - Did you get it out yet (sorry, I have been preoccupied with a few projects over the past few days).

Ziggy is right, but before you use brute force, press the stem back in & then out to the time-setting position. Wind the hands through a complete 24-hour cycle & then press the stem back home & out to the time-setting position again. Then see if you can press button the release in easier. I have seen a couple of clutch levers that got stuck in the wrong position & blocked the release from pivoting properly to allow the stem to release.

Hike - Did you get it out yet (sorry, I have been preoccupied with a few projects over the past few days).

The Zigmeister is right, but before you use brute force, press the stem back in & then out to the time-setting position. Wind the hands through a complete 24-hour cycle & then press the stem back home & out to the time-setting position again. Then see if you can press button the release in easier. I have seen a couple of clutch levers that got stuck in the wrong position & blocked the release from pivoting properly to allow the stem to release.

Hi Freddie! Thanks for the reply!

I tried a little of that, but the darn thing seems like soldered or glued in there! So I did the next best thing!!!! I pop the bezel out......pop the plexi-plastic out (on both the old case and the kit), apply crazy glue around the plexi-plastic lip....installed the new plexi-plastic.....applied crazy glue around it and on the case (where the bezel rest) and installed the new bezel.......press hard enough on each.....let it dry for 24hrs......dunk it in water and Viola......good as new...as long as the movement don't crap out, it's good to go.......or else, this might be my first The Zigmeisterfied watch.....that is if he takes it!!!! :D

Hike