When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Movement for Omega Speedmaster

hi guys

ive been thinking of building an omega speedmaster from scratch, just buying parts and putting it together myself as a little project. ive looked on ofrei.com, and theyve got many parts, including the omega movement cal 1140 for the speedy. however, its 420, and i cant really afford that right now. do you guys know any eta movements that will fit the speedy? not the hand wind one, but the automatic one with larger subdial spacing... im going to buy the gen dial so i need a movement that will fit it

thanks for your help guys

hi guys

ive been thinking of building an omega speedmaster from scratch, just buying parts and putting it together myself as a little project. ive looked on ofrei.com, and theyve got many parts, including the omega movement cal 1140 for the speedy. however, its 420, and i cant really afford that right now. do you guys know any eta movements that will fit the speedy? not the hand wind one, but the automatic one with larger subdial spacing... im going to buy the gen dial so i need a movement that will fit it

thanks for your help guys

Hope RBJ doesnt mind me answering this. But i've done the same project. Look in the Omega section as I build a Omega speedmaster automatic from scratch. Honestly, unless parts suddenly become available for cheap - (like for me), forget it. 2nd hand ones only cost a mere 800USD.

even if you have a gen dial, u need case, crown, pushers, hands, movement spacer.... think about this, if you were to buy parts for a mercedes benz and build it urself....you think u'll be saving money? NO WAY...spending way more then retail...

Hope RBJ doesnt mind me answering this. But i've done the same project. Look in the Omega section as I build a Omega speedmaster automatic from scratch. Honestly, unless parts suddenly become available for cheap - (like for me), forget it. 2nd hand ones only cost a mere 800USD.

even if you have a gen dial, u need case, crown, pushers, hands, movement spacer.... think about this, if you were to buy parts for a mercedes benz and build it urself....you think u'll be saving money? NO WAY...spending way more then retail...

thanks for your reply

i can see that 2nd hand ones are quite cheap, and thats been my dilemma... i was thinking of combining genuine and replica parts to make one

its also to just have a lil hobby.. and itd be great if i could finish it

mind me asking where you got the parts from?