When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jilted Bride Sues Groom, Wins US$150K

anton

As with all court decisions, if you're not actually in the jury, hearing every bit of evidence, it's very easy to just decide anything you like[1]. It's easy to say she's a heartless gold digger, but we only get the story the media wants to tell us.

In other words, who knows?

[1] For instance, the linux geeks screaming that the famous programmer Hans Reiser's trial (for murdering his wife) was a miscarriage of justice and that he was being persecuted for suffering from aspergers. They all went apeshit when he was found guilty, but then went very silent when, just prior to sentencing, he told the police where to find the body in return for a shorter sentence.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well I surely hope she just blew her only chance of getting married. What guy in his right mind would do anything but take her out back and bend her over the hood of his pickup truck??? Surely not going to take this one home to meet the parents.

She should be made to wear a sandwich board sign around her neck stating that she is the woman who sued her fiance for breach of contract.

I definitely want to do some more research and see if I can find more info about this.

What a crock of [censored]... He left her ass because when they started going over finances he found that she had over $350k in debt.

Looks to me like even at $150k he made out better than if he would have married her!

She should be shot!

check out this video...

http://www.yougottaseethisvideo.com/2008/0...in-georgia.html

I heard about another case in Georgia a few years back, it really shocked me. A guy was ordered to support a child that was not actually his. Here's an excerpt along with a link to the rest of the story. The lesson is, if you're not sure your ex-girfriends kid is yours, have a DNA test right away:

Although the Georgia courts haven't recognized what he considers a man's right not to support a child he didn't father, Decatur resident Carnell A. Smith hopes the U.S. Supreme Court will do so.

For 10 years Smith believed his former girlfriend, Toni W. Odom, when she said that he was the man who fathered her daughter. From 1989 to 1998 he voluntarily paid $375 a month in support of the girl. However, in 2000 Smith acted on a hunch and got a DNA test.
It showed he was not the child's father.

He unsuccessfully sought a new trial from DeKalb Superior Court Judge Edward A. Wheeler, who had presided over a paternity suit Odom brought. The state Court of Appeals denied his petition for discretionary appeal. Then the state Supreme Court denied him certiorari. But Smith said he won't stop until he has done everything he can to resolve what he considers the rulings' injustice.

http://www.kssfamilylaw.com/other/050602-f...tdespitedna.htm