When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Open Letter to Factory/Dealers

takashi

Sadly I think you're all pissing into the wind here. This isn't just some model discontinuation for the sake of it, it's part of the apparent shutdown of all titanium watches. Seems Ti is just not as widely available anymore. Either that or the factories are just not working with it. The CA, even the second version, was pulled some time ago now, and even the Ti PAMs are now 'end of life'. As for IWC, the Ingenieur has gone, and the Aquatimer was never released in Ti format.

I suspect the Skyland was an obvious choice given the demand for a new and accurate Aeromarine model, but I doubt we'll see the CA rear its beautiful matt grey head once again. Lucky I have one (old factory franken) already :p

Also, the makers are obsessed with having 'new' models - the gen CA has now been mothballed, so that rules it out. If anything the new Skyland will satisfy that market 10x more than a rerun of the CA, so they'll not produce anything that may take sales away from the Skyland. I know most of us would have both, but that's not how they see it.

The only member-driven rerun I recall is Silix's Bond Subs - however, we're talking much smaller and cheaper scale.