When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New style Panerai brecelets

iceberg1459

I liked the older bracelet design and for some models, the alternating brushed/polished parts from within a single link. They also had a hint of what is Panerai: the crown guard design on each link.

It looks like the new design takes a lot less effort to create and lot less cost to manufacture.

It does look beautifully finished, though. But definitely not worth the price they may ask for it (possibly the same as the old design bracelet).

i have to say this is more rolex-like

exactly, thats why they look rubish too me ;)

I just liked the previous one better, I hope when I will make money to get gen 91 they will give me the choice of the bracelet type to choose

hehe

There are five other manufacturers who make a very similar bracelet and frankly much better. I also prefer the mixed media bracelets. I have one bracelet PAM and it looks like that is as many as I will ever have. Then again the budget ain't going to allow more than that anyhow. :lol:

Taking a second look it seems they have cheaped out and gotten rid of the pins going up the length of the bracelet so if you want to adjust for a small wrist you are going back to the AD. What a conspiracy. The AD gets an extra charge. Then again it will make it cheaper for the rep manufacturers to get it right.

Then again it will make it cheaper for the rep manufacturers to get it right.

thats good. im pretty sure they dont care that much about reps and i dont think its damaging their buisness that much maybe its even supporting.

think about how many people bought a genuine after owning the reps. including me.

and i like the new bracelet, old ones were good but too big & heavy, not comfortable for everyday.design also matches the masculine look of the watch and it stays in background, just like rolex bracelets.

i must say this is a big step for panerai in the way of becoming timeless, will be going head to head with rolex very soon

Extremely interesting. Thanks iceberg for sharing.

I am now going to buy as many of the old style bracelets as I can take before they are gone.

IMHO the new design looks more generic (unbranded, standardized) than the old one ---GOOD! The old style has always struck me as blingy/fancy. IMO toolwatches should have as many generic-looking parts as possible and STILL be unique. Using generic style parts demands a brand with big testicles and trust in their core essence. That being said, maybe Panerai are targeting Rolex users who want bigger watches.

MG

They look unfinished and crap. The accents on the old bracelets echoed the design elements of the watch case. All this is, is plain stainless steel. It looks like a 'blank', rather than a finished product... I can't see myself buying one...

sorry to take away from the bracelet part of this thread but...

ATTENTION: dealers/manufacturing people!!! HERE YE, HERE YE!!!

LOOK at those lugs... nice, new, & sharp, not rounded off and cheap looking...

If you can make a bracelet that slices wrists like the noob subs... You can make LUGS that look like that!!!!

paneraiimage616336mn7.jpg

I checked out the new ones in while in Florence. I actually like it better. I think it matches the simple style of the brand well. The old ones where a bit too flashy for the brand IMO.

I may be one of the few...

I like it also...

Different...