When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea Dweller MWB bezel issue

StormTooper4

Fellow RWG'rs Please can you help me out.

I have an apparently MBW 1665 SRSD and I've recently purchased a Clarke T 39 from fellow member here, so all is good in that department

p7272458pa3.jpg

But my dilemma is that the bezel is removable by hand. NOTE TO SELF I have a tendency to play with my watches when they are on my wrist, rotate bezels, wind and flick Crown guard levers etc, and once I pulled the Bezel off my SRSD whilst on a plane, and now I cant seem to stop doing it.

p7272463mx0.jpg

Here is what it currently looks like, I don't want to fix it until I have the new crystal installed but would really appreciate a heads up what the remedy might be on securing the bezel somewhat more tightly so I cant pull it off by hand.

I know its not perfect but this is my Fav Rolie so really want to try and look after it.

Thanks

ST4

The flat spring looks too flat, so it probably is not placing sufficient tension onto the bezel to keep it in place. Assuming the inside rim of the bezel is not worn or warped, if you bend the spring so that it has a bit more of a hump when sitting on a flat surface that will tighten the bezel against the case. Be careful not to put too much of a bend in the spring or the bezel will be too tight to turn & it may then be difficult to remove.

The flat spring looks too flat, so it probably is not placing sufficient tension onto the bezel to keep it in place. Assuming the inside rim of the bezel is not worn or warped, if you bend the spring so that it has a bit more of a hump when sitting on a flat surface that will tighten the bezel against the case. Be careful not to put too much of a bend in the spring or the bezel will be too tight to turn & it may then be difficult to remove.

Thanks freddy333 am I correct in thinking that it should be pointing Down \ from the bezel towards the crystal rather upwards / ? Does that make sense?

Cheers

ST4

Fellow RWG'rs Please can you help me out.

I have an apparently MBW 1665 SRSD and I've recently purchased a Clarke T 39 from fellow member here, so all is good in that department

Here is what it currently looks like, I don't want to fix it until I have the new crystal installed but would really appreciate a heads up what the remedy might be on securing the bezel somewhat more tightly so I cant pull it off by hand.

I know its not perfect but this is my Fav Rolie so really want to try and look after it.

Thanks

ST4

Yo! Storm.......why don't you take it to :drive1: Bondi B) and let it soak in the :fish: waters :boat: while you're checking out :snorkel: the boobies on the beach! That should tighten it up! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:drinks: Mate!

Yo! Storm.......why don't you take it to :drive1: Bondi B) and let it soak in the :fish: waters :boat: while you're checking out :snorkel: the boobies on the beach! That should tighten it up! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:drinks: Mate!

LOL HIKE

I think's thats why its in the mess in the first place, I took it the beach and it got all heated up. It needs to remained focused on telling the time and not be looking at the peaches walking on the beaches.

Actually this like many of my watches seems doomed as I did take it for a dip in the surf and the F#$ker leaked more than titanic , and that cost me mucho $$$$ to fix would of been cheaper to buy a new movement, did I do that??? cos I know best, take it apart Mr. watchmaker give it a clean . 300 man hours later ,

Watchmaker: "Mr Stormtrooper4 Your watch is ready to Pick up" ....

ST4: " at last , Great news How much do I owe you?"

Watchmaker : "That'll be $$$$"

ST4: Slience

Watchmaker : "Hello"

ST4 : Silience

Watchmaker: " Hello are you still there"

ST4 :Silence

ST4 : Weep weep sniff sniff

ST4: I be there at 2o/c

Watchmaker : KERCHING!!! Im in the money

Yes

Freddy

thanks I think it may need a new one

OH yeah and its like 8 degrees here, and Ive got gloves on WTF! it didnt say that in the brochure did it