When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have the APROO and Oris Carlos coste, need size comparison

ajoesmith

Well, looks like these wristshots are a cue for me to get the AP ROO! :p

Thanks for the pics, chubb...

What about you, joe? :)

There is another, more important reason to choose the ROO over the Oris at the moment: the Tube and Crown of the Oris are utter crap, designed to break in no time. I'm a careful guy and I collect watches for a looong time. Even with careful use, mine lasted three weeks and so right now, it's a 300$ paperweight. I'm waiting for replacement parts. The datewheel issue has been discussed too. The watch itself is beautiful...

The ROO has no such problem (if you make sure the rubber covers of the pushers are glued on...;-)

There is another, more important reason to choose the ROO over the Oris at the moment: the Tube and Crown of the Oris are utter crap, designed to break in no time. I'm a careful guy and I collect watches for a looong time. Even with careful use, mine lasted three weeks and so right now, it's a 300$ paperweight. I'm waiting for replacement parts. The datewheel issue has been discussed too. The watch itself is beautiful...

The ROO has no such problem (if you make sure the rubber covers of the pushers are glued on...;-)

I'm sorry to hear about your OCC dude. Mine is still running alright, though it could be due to the fact that it was from the 1st batch (from Jay). the only issue is that it only takes a quarter-turn to screw that crown tight. :rolleyes: Hope you get your replacement parts soon, it IS a damn beautiful watch, that I have to admit. ^_^

Interesting to note that on the AP ROO, the rubber covers/sleeves of the chrono pushers are required to be glued on, I wonder whether the latest AP ROO with secs @12 suffer from this same deficiency, too... :unsure:

Thanks again chubb! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here you go...

post-2851-1217270222_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1217270205_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1217270194_thumb.jpg

I also tried the shirt test and have to say no, the ROO does not fit comfortably under the cuff. My wrist is 7.9" and my shirtsize is 16.5". As the CC is visibly higher, that one is out of the question.

Excellent chubb just what i was looking for, thank you very much for taking the time for those pics.

I may be getting a Roo then as long as i can get a leather/rubber strap for it

Cheers

you can get leather straps for your Roo with Strapluxe or Oracle straps.

there is a thread just started today showing pictures of their straps on different Roos in the audemars piguet section. you may want to check them out