When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who knows this watch

Since there is a lot of watch knowledge here I have a question.... Does anybody know this automatic chrono brandless watch....

I got it in 1985 when a business connection of my father bought a brand new genuine Porsche 911 Turbo ($$$). He got the watch with the car from the dealer and hated it because it was to big. He gave it to my father who hated it because of the size and so he gave it to me.... there was no brand on there anyway.

Years I have worn it and loved it especially when the movie Top Gun came out in '86 and Tom Cruise wore the exact same watch in the movie!!!!! I turned to the jeweler and had him take a close look. He told me never to get rid of it because it had a special automatic calibre he didn't know but looked like an IWC. So my expectation are that it is a Porsche Design watch with an IWC calibre. Later came an combined watch that was branded indeed and looked exactly like it. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.... I have no tool to open it up.

BTW the metal strap is broken and I can not get anything black for it. I have seen the Vintage subs with the canvas strap. Where can I get those?

post-2183-1152088779_thumb.jpg

post-2183-1152088791_thumb.jpg

post-2183-1152088805_thumb.jpg

Wow this makes me jump from joy D44HVJ. This must be one of the first series of that watch then. The watch was given to him back then with a new 911 Turbo and the language on the date is German (MIT = mitwoch=wednesday). Porsche is German. I really did not know where to look but the story comes together with your link!!! Thanks a million. It must have been from that series... Wonder how I can contact them. They are worth some money obviously... but emotionally it is invaluable for me.

• 2 weeks later...