When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer

Thor

200-8270.jpg

Weekend project???..... What did you do?

This is my first watch project, some people at TRC told me it isn't possible....well I thought different about it...(I am pretty stubborn !! ;-))

Only mistake I think is I polished the dial 1 second to long as you can see...

Well for myself to have this result in my first try...I am pretty proud of myself...

Thanks for looking !!!

200-8271.jpg

200-8272.jpg

Some details:

The Navitimer I bought from my friend Angus...superfast delivery (2 days from HK to the Netherlands!!!)

It has the ASIAN 7750 and an ugly blue shiny dial....It was bought for the project...so the the dial was replaced anyway!!!

200-8273.jpg

As you can see, this is the new serie of navitimer rep, with in my opinion a better looking bezel !

For my ulitimate Navitimer project I bought the dial at ebay, quite expensive for a dial but worth the money.

200-8274.jpg

Then what you need is a DREMEL....a tool to polish the dial...the dial was about 34 mm....the dial that fits a rep. case is ca. 33.2 mm

You fitted a rep dial into the rep case?

YES, you like it ?

Stupid Dutch people :lolcina: ... Why not buy a black Navitimer in the beginning??

Hahaha nee geintje! Zie de logica alleen niet.

Besides that, the thick bezel is a straight give away. It screams rep!!!...and off course the Asian 7750 movement is crap! With a little luck it will last 6 months.

Zie de logica niet? Man, kijk es goed...is nogal een verschil met rep. wijzerplaat.

Voel een beetje afgunst... :Jumpy:

The thick bezel doesn't determine the looks of the watch...the DIAL does...that's my opinion!

Show me the difference with Joshuas black Navitimer. Teach me. Maybe I'm a Navitimer newbie. What is the big difference in dials?

Boy, there's no envy here. I had a Navitimer rep when you were still wearing your Casio G-shock......

Joshuas pic:

Look at :

* the subdial, genuine they are white. Rep are kinda silver.

* I don't know how to say in English, but at the rep. (is beetje bol, bij de echte zijn de subdials vlak, nogal een verschil)

Indeed I see what you mean. Wear it well my friend. I hope you won't get any problems with the movement.