When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello from NJ!

Hello everyone! I figured that before i went and browsed through the posts, I would introduce myself!

My name is James and I'm from NJ. I'm an avid enthusiast of anything I take interest in (guitars, photography and now. . .gulp. . .replica watches??). I recently inherited a handful of old watches from my father who passed away last month. After doing my homework I found that, although not particularly valuable, they were quite neat. I've got a Bulova mechanical from 1960 (i just had the band replaced), a Timex from around the same time period, a few "junk watches" and a Versailles (?) that my father got from Nabisco for 30 years of service. When I brought the watches in for servicing (batteries, band adjustments, etc), the repairman said "It was a pleasure to work on this one! Nabisco gives out great gifts! This has a similar swiss movement to what Omega uses."

So then I started looking at older Omegas on ebay. Some of the older Seamasters can be had for great prices! Now i'm interested in the look of a newer one, but can't justify $2,000 for it. My wife and I are also looking at some Movado replicas, as we always wanted a matching pair. (we got THAT bug when we were on a cruise to Bermuda and were promised $300 for a pair of Movados. Once we saw them, we didn't like the style they had. . .but that was the only option. We passed.)

So anyway, been browsing a few sites. . .one site in particular (not going to post names yet. . .haven't read the "rules" yet and don't want to break them!) pointed me to a few sites that seemed pretty good for buying watches. . .and then another lead me here. Hoping this site can steer me in the right direction to get what we're looking for. . .and perhaps I can stick around long enough to learn something!

OK. . .off to read the forum rules and then start browsing posts!

-J