When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

036 Photo Shoot

bruce79

Here are some pics of my 036. Though it's sort of difficult to tell from the pics, the dial is a beautiful dk tobacco brown...much different than the standard dial (ie: Ruby dial) which is just too brown, IMO. I just removed the "AR" coating on the crystal which improves it's looks 1000%. The ar coating took literally 90 seconds to remove...the easiest I've ever done. I've had several brown dial Ti pams and this is the first one that looks the part. The strap is a Simona Vintage Tan.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

I just removed the "AR" coating on the crystal which improves it's looks 1000%. The ar coating took literally 90 seconds to remove...the easiest I've ever done.

Great pics! So how did you remove the 'AR-coating'?

How do you remove the AR Bruce as I need to do that to my Zero.?

2 minds thinking the same :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys.

To remove the AR, you need to remove the crystal. Then just use some green jewelers rouge and a dremel...works like a dream. Usually it takes like 10-15 minutes to remove rep AR, and anywhere from 20-30 minutes to remove Chief's AR or K2222's AR.

I got the 036 from a fellow member so I'm not sure where it originally came from but the dial is unlike any tobacco dial I've ever owned or seen. Normally, rep tobacco dials are very brown...not dk brown or tobacco like they should be but sort of a 'bright brown' if there is such a thing. That's why Ti pams with tobacco dials have never grown on me...something about the brown dials. But I feel fortunate to have this 036. The indices are a nice cream color and they look superb against the tobacco dial. Just need to fix the crown guard pin and switch the 'L' to 'T' and I'm set.

• 1 month later...