When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer Calibre S Lewis Hamilton LE

basst

This watch represents just about everything TAG Heuer do wrong. It's a cheesy abomination in an insipid grey colour and 'celebrates' an overrated 'celebrity' who the media built up as if he was the reincarnation of Fangio and Senna combined. And that's just the gen! Already heavily discounted at a couple of places near me I've noted.

There'll be no half-decent rep (thank god) as the Calibre S is an inhouse electromechanical movt - no other existing movt will fit the bill so your subdial counters will be faux.

All the "Special Edition" models are a bit cheesy. Omega is doing way too many special edition models too.

But then again even Audemars Piguet makes them... at least Senna and Raikkonen are world champions and even Lewis Hamilton is a potential future World Champion, but AP has named a watch after Rubens Barrichello of all drivers... Michael Schumacher's little helper, who wasn't always even allowed to win races in Ferrari. I mean, how sad is THAT? :D