When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange finish on DSN latest PAM 217 movement bridge ?

klocklind1

Is there anyone that have bought the latest batch of DSN Ultimate swiss PAM 217 destro ( H- movement ) ?

On the pictures I have seen it looks like the finish of the movement bridges are DIFFERENT !!

You could see that some of the bridges ( I mean the two bridges at the top of this picture ! ) has a more rough finish than the long "centerpart" of it.

Can anyone comment this if it is very obvious and make You notice it instantly ?

Otherwise a very nice watch !!!!!!!!!!!

post-8050-1218277471_thumb.jpg

Is there anyone that have bought the latest batch of DSN Ultimate swiss PAM 217 destro ( H- movement ) ?

On the pictures I have seen it looks like the finish of the movement bridges are DIFFERENT !!

You could see that some of the bridges ( I mean the two bridges at the top of this picture ! ) has a more rough finish than the long "centerpart" of it.

Can anyone comment this if it is very obvious and make You notice it instantly ?

Otherwise a very nice watch !!!!!!!!!!!

It is indeed more rought, I bought two of them lately and on both it was that way! But no soooo obvious, as the swanneck is above that part!!!

BTW: It s not as bad as in you picture!!!

Upto about 12 months ago , most of the swiss H series replica movements were finished with the same " rough" Cote De Geneve style effect.

But they all start their lives as base ETA 6497-1 and have the replica asian made CDG bridges , swan neck regulator added for people like us in China.

They then made improved CDG bridges and then improved the Officine Panerai font on the stamp so there have been 3 or 4 generations of this movement.

I suspect what these latest movements from DSN are , is a combination of old and new parts/ CDG bridges

There'e must have been a suplus of balance assemblies with swan neck etc from the old style / or he's swapping on new bridges to older style movements.

Either way , as long as it's as Swiss as it should be, nothing other than cosmetics

Best

FGD

Cheeezz... :o

The rough finishing definitely look off.

Fishgodeep is right about the various version to the CDG bridges.I also think that perhap yours is the result of the surplus balance with combination of old and new parts which are put together.

Here's mine. Notice that area you are referring to. The one on mine is the same finishing like the rest of the bridges. Mine also comes with the correct font size painted text (not the incorrect size and squarish sticker alphabetical text), correct incabloc shock protector and flared spokes like the gen.

I source this about a year ago and I don't think it is available anymore.

2745466857_88c437be43_b.jpg