When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are the Olympics affecting watch shipping and ordering?

crystalcranium

The children in the rep factories might have switched production to the Olympic mascots and other merchandise.

<_<

It's china we're talking about. There's plenty of child labor to go around. The younger ones make the olympic stuff the older ones make our watches.

Well, let me explain my question a little better...and it appears the point is moot because apparently there's been little interruption in business of our dirty little secret...which is surprising. This event was supposed to be a watershed event in China's history where they demonstrate their status as a major world player. The opening spectacular was like no other public entertainment performance that I have ever seen. There has been much made of China's intent to keep this international event moving perfectly. I would think, included in that effort, would be a major crackdown on IP infringement production and public sales. It would subvert their claim of being a new international, capitalist power with half the Olympic teams going home with fake Microsoft Office CDs and suitcases stuffed with fake Rolexs. Apparently, our guys are dug in real deep!

So where are all the complaints about slow shipping?

Don't know. I ordered from Trusty via EMS Courier China on 8/9. I didn't even think of the implications of the Olympics and delivery times. I havent recieved a tracking number yet, was going to check in a couple of days. Stay tuned. This might be no big deal, or it could be really, really bad...

-K

Ordered a new Breitling Super Avenger from Josh on 5th August and got the EMS tracking number same day, the tracking shows it being posted on 7th August and is here in the UK already, should be delivered tomorrow (12th)

Olympics seem to be having no effect on EMS shipping, if anything its faster now than it ever has been.

Did everybody think China was going to stop doing business because of the olympics? Shipping goes on Hyatus?

Children leave sweat shops early?

No goods showing up at Walmart (Their major distribution source)?

Not voluntarily but I did think a crackdown on illegal activities, especially the one that China is known best for, would be effective and swift during this international event. As someone posted here years ago...when it comes to getting things done...no one does it better than the Chinese. If they decided to eradicate the flow of IP counterfeits as a serious national policy, all of this would be gone in a few short days.