When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super-LumiNova set

docdoc

Hello,

I am about to order a Super-LumiNova set from RC TRITEC but I was wondering which color is usually used on watches lume? C1? C3? C7? or C9?

I was going for C1 as it is white when it is daylight and greenish in the dark. But now I have doubts! :D

here is the color charts:

2757035450_fcc7682eeb_b.jpg

Yes, usually C3, but C1 (or a C1+C3 mix) on watches that look white in lume.

But... did rcTritec resume on selling kits? I was unable to find their kits again on their website a while ago, so I supposed they were now selling SL only in larger quantities.

Yes, usually C3, but C1 (or a C1+C3 mix) on watches that look white in lume.

But... did rcTritec resume on selling kits? I was unable to find their kits again on their website a while ago, so I supposed they were now selling SL only in larger quantities.

I had a mail from them on friday for a set. 45

It is not easy to work with and any mistake will tell on you.

Practice on something you don't care about. Sandwich dial PAM's are pretty easy. Some dials with surround markers are pretty easy. A dial like a sausage F series PAM or that B&R, I would not touch with a ten foot pole. One twitch and your dial is ruined.

IMO,

You wont save any money doing it yourself. A TriTec kit will run you almost what Rob charges to lume one and you cant buy his skills in a kit.

I agree with Sir-Lancelot. A Bell & Ross is probably one of the most difficult to lume watches I can think of. I've lumed all of my watches... except for my Bell & Ross, and believe me, i've tried (and screwed up). I would definitely recommend starting on an easier watch.