When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Immensely cool (gen) Vostok Maxim Gorky coming soon

seanf

For those who don't know, Vostok is a Russian watchmaker who has been making some really interesting--and very reasonably priced--watches for a few years. They've got a new model coming out in about a month called the Maxim Gorky. The name is derived from one of Russia's largest airplanes. I first read about this watch in International Watch (yes, I'm enough of a watch dork that I actually subscribe to watch magazines; and yes, I do feel the shame). It'll retail for around $600 to $700 in the States. For me, this is one of the coolest (inexpensive) watches I've seen in a looong time. I'm seriously tempted to pull the trigger on one of these.

2432-5802087-maxim-gorky-big_jpg.jpg

2432-5805090-maxim-gorky-big_jpg.jpg

2432-5804086-maxim-gorky-big_jpg.jpg

2432-5803088-maxim-gorky-big_jpg.jpg

maxim-gorky-case-back_jpg.jpg

Here are some of the specs:

Precision automatic / self-winding mechanism

Decorated 2432 Vostok movement with blued parts and black rotor

31ruby jewels

Central second hand

Day and Night disc

Two colour day and night indicator

Totally wound watch runs not less than 31 hours

Shock resistance balance

5 atm water resistant

Date calendar

All stainless steel 44 mm case, bicolor: stainless steel black-pvd-plated

See-through dial with exposed winding rotor

Engraved serial number

Superluminova

Stainless steel bracelet

Limited to 999 pcs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like it too...I already see myself with one of those things attached to my wrist....and the best thing is that it's priced as the latest super reps and you get definitely something more for the money paid than with the reps...

I have to do a full research on this one...to gather more pics...

thanks for the info!

I have found a link for pre-order...but how do I know if the site is legit...the price is below the 600/700$...it's 499$ on most of the dial/case versions!

Edited by dadog13

This one?

http://www.russia2all.com/maxim-gorky----p...h-preorder.html

I'm seriously tempted to place an order, given that this place is about $100 cheaper than the other places I've found, but I know nothing about this website. Anyone know anything about www.russia2all.com?

yep, that one!

but there has to be a member that is buying Russian watches from a legit site that can give us some advices...

BTW...there is the vostok watches USA website and the same watch goes for 649$...

Edited by dadog13

Hey I subscribe to the same magazine, but I don't recall seeing this baby. I like it. Till now I've held off on Vostok purely because it was an unknown, but I like the design of this thing so much I might have to give them a try. Thanks for the info.

This one?

I'm seriously tempted to place an order, given that this place is about $100 cheaper than the other places I've found, but I know nothing about this website. Anyone know anything about www.russia2all.com?

http://www.bdwf.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=42231

seems that the site is legit...

So anyone going to order one? I really like the SS version. Very nice dial. Man I was trying to keep my wallet closed for a while too. Doh! Huh? Doh!!!

I sent an e-mail to the distributor in Germany...

I am not sure whether I will be ordering one or not...have to think because I have spent too much this month on watches and other stuff...

On watches I spent over 700$...just enough for this one...well, they'll be available in a month or two...what do you think?

dadog-- great find on that bdwf thread. If I'm reading that thread correctly, if you order from www.russia2all.com and put in the coupon code GORKY15, you'll get a 15% discount. And that's on top of the already pretty steep discount that russia2all has from the other places I've found.

I'm inching closer and closer to ordering one of these. And since there are only 999 pieces of each of the colors, I'm thinking I may have to do this sooner rather than later.

I know that some people on the board have had some Vostoks. Anyone have any thoughts about them?

@ztech-- IW had a really good article on them in that issue with the Clerc on the cover. Can't remember what month, but it was sometime between May and August of this year.

dadog-- great find on that bdwf thread. If I'm reading that thread correctly, if you order from www.russia2all.com and put in the coupon code GORKY15, you'll get a 15% discount. And that's on top of the already pretty steep discount that russia2all has from the other places I've found.

keep me updated if you decide to proceed with the order...and you are welcome for the link (I've clicked and read a couple of the 1st pages on the google research)....

here is the attachment of the picture of the movement that is inside the watch :

f_vostokeuropm_f552870.jpg

Does anyone know about how hard it is to service a Vostok in the States? My only experience with Russian watches was I picked up a few when I was over there in the early 90s. Of the four watches I bought, the longest one lasted six months. The real problem was that, at least at that time, there was no way to get parts for them. I wonder if that's still the case today.

Oh, I think you do too, dadog. That SS with white dial is calling your name.

If I get it, it will be or the one in the 1st pic...the PVD (?) one with SS bezel and crown or the complete PVD model...

I would like to know as well if the watch is PVD or some other stuff...what do you think guys?

P.S.

you know you need it... :)

This one?

I know enough to BE CAREFUL!

I have a Poljot and I did a lot of research in forums on dealers and there are a LOT of shady dealers of Russian watches. It is not worth saving a few bucks. I did most of my research at Watchuseek - I can't remember anything except that the dealer I selected has an impeccable reputation - Julian Kampmann. But I don't think he carries Vostok. Nevertheless, it might be worth asking him to recommend another dealer. He himself is a dream dealer - and he sends cookies with his watches. I read nothing but great things about him. He wasn't the cheapest but he wasn't the most expensive either. And he services Russian watches as well (only from his own clients though).

His site is http://www.poljot24.de/en/index.html - I am sure he would offer a recommendation. But just be sure to do lots of homework - I have heard some real fright night stories of Russian scam artists.

Here is my Poljot Sturmanskie:

1.jpg

pol1.jpg

If I get it, it will be or the one in the 1st pic...the PVD (?) one with SS bezel and crown or the complete PVD model...

I would like to know as well if the watch is PVD or some other stuff...what do you think guys?

P.S.

you know you need it... :)

Actually, that's the one I've got my eye on as well. I really dig the black/silver combination. I was reading up on them, and the material is definitely PVD.

@JohnG-- I've done some research on the russia2all site, and he seems to be a pretty good seller. Looks like he's an AD for Vostok. He regularly posts to the Russian Watch section of the BDWF forum. Several people have posted good experiences with him.

JohnG...thanks for the advice...

however on the forum I posted the previous link, there are a couple of dealer trade reviews regarding the russia2all.com

http://www.bdwf.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30862

All the more reason for you to pull the trigger! Come on-- you know you want to. And then you'll want to post lots and lots of wrist shots here.

Good!

So when is it arriving?

PICS!!!

I haven't ordered it...

more about the movement...details found on the following website... http://www.vostok-watches.com/movements-russian-watches.html

Vostok 2432 (RU) Mechanical lever movement

Precision automatic

Diameter: 24 mm

Movement height: 6,3 mm

32 jewels

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date calendar, central day/night indicator

Shock protection

Frequency: 19800 vph

Daily rate from -10 to + 30 s/day

Power reserve minimum: 31 h

strojek01.jpg