When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Immensely cool (gen) Vostok Maxim Gorky coming soon

seanf

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't ordered it...

more about the movement...details found on the following website... http://www.vostok-watches.com/movements-russian-watches.html

Vostok 2432 (RU) Mechanical lever movement

Precision automatic

Diameter: 24 mm

Movement height: 6,3 mm

32 jewels

Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, date calendar, central day/night indicator

Shock protection

Frequency: 19800 vph

Daily rate from -10 to + 30 s/day

Power reserve minimum: 31 h

strojek01.jpg

Just to add to that, there's no hack or quick set date on this movement. Low beat rate concerns me a bit, but I like the 32 jewels and 31 hour power reserve.

Anyone have any guesses as to whether this is the type of watch that would appreciate in value in the coming years? My own guess is probably not, but I don't know anything about the collectability of Russian watches.

Damn it. All you guys don't help any. :p

I just put in my order for the all SS version. That dial just calls to me. The site stated August delivery so I guess it'll come any day now? Now the wait. Cheers all.

Dude, you rock the house down. I'm dying to see how this looks on the wrist. How much did you end up paying? Did you use the coupon code discount?

Damn it. All you guys don't help any. :p

I just put in my order for the all SS version. That dial just calls to me. The site stated August delivery so I guess it'll come any day now? Now the wait. Cheers all.

I knew you would do it (and so I know seanf will do it as well :D )...you cannot resist...I have to (or my g/f will kick me out of the house!)

Yep, I used that GORKY15 code and got a $65 discount. That's what pushed me over the edge really. I've handled other Poljot/Vostok watches before and they offer great quality for the money. Even with the Russian movement I'm sure it'll do better than some of my reps that I paid more than that for. So... it was a no brainer. :)

Thanks for the info to a great find people.

Vostok watches are very tough; work good, last long time.

I've had this "Sub" for years without a problem:

post-180-1218581496_thumb.jpg

Has the 31 jewel automatic movement which is supposed to be a bit delicate, but it has taken a hell of a beating.

Keeps good time but is not as accurate or as elegant as my two Poljots.

Vostok and Poljot both had some QC problems in the early 90's but they have survived and gone on to compete in a quality driven worldwide market.

Carl

Yep, I used that GORKY15 code and got a $65 discount. That's what pushed me over the edge really. I've handled other Poljot/Vostok watches before and they offer great quality for the money. Even with the Russian movement I'm sure it'll do better than some of my reps that I paid more than that for. So... it was a no brainer. :)

Man, that is a good deal. Did you get a free watch as well? Looks like that site offers a free Vostok if you spend more than $175.

the watch comes with a 2 year limited warranty as well...and that you don't get with any rep watch!

please post a mini review once you put your hands on it!

Huh? What? Where?

No I didn't see anything about that. Who do I have to call to get a free watch? :angry::bangin::black_eye:

And, as always at Russia2all, purchase ANY! Russia2all watch(es) of $175 or more and get a Free Watch. Just click -- "Free Stuff" -- to find out more. One free item per customer, per order please.

in the middle of the page there is a link

http://www.russia2all.com/

Saw these on the bay not long ago. Price looked good but the seller did`nt, so I passed. :g: Looking forward to your pics.

Ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Watches-Vostok_W0QQite...1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, that's half the price!!! Yeah, I'd be a bit worried too. The guy's got zero feedback. Like I always say, a little extra for peace of mind money well spent.

I'll definitely make sure to do a mini review. Now it won't be nearly as good as what the other guys, but I'll do my best.

Wow, that's half the price!!! Yeah, I'd be a bit worried too. The guy's got zero feedback. Like I always say, a little extra for peace of mind money well spent.

I'll definitely make sure to do a mini review. Now it won't be nearly as good as what the other guys, but I'll do my best.

Dude, I think you did the right thing in going with Russia2all. In the first place, I don't think these watches are even on the market yet, so that raises the question of how that random ebay seller was listing them more than a week ago. Secondly, he was in Latvia. Third, with Russia2all, you get a 2 year warranty (plus a free crappy watch!). So I wouldn't be too worried about missing that sale.

Yeah I'm happy as a pickled olive in good vodka to have picked this one up. Thanks guys for the heads up on a great watch. Now the worst part... the wait. :(

Did they give you any idea when they'd ship it or when you can expect to receive it? I want to see this thing so badly that I'm tempted to get on a plane and pick it up for you. Although that would probably defeat the whole "reasonably priced" thing, given that my plane ticket would be more than the watch.

I'm dying to see how these look in person. One of my concerns is how it wears. My wrists are dainty and delicate (6.5"), so I can't really wear certain styles of big watches. I can wear a HBB just fine, but a 44mm Pam Luminor just looks like a clown watch on me. So I'm really interested in seeing some wrist shots and maybe a few comparison shots.

Now that's a watch!. I love it. Great suit watch. How big is it?

quote name='JohnG' date='Aug 12 2008, 10:35 PM' post='507869']

I know enough to BE CAREFUL!

I have a Poljot and I did a lot of research in forums on dealers and there are a LOT of shady dealers of Russian watches. It is not worth saving a few bucks. I did most of my research at Watchuseek - I can't remember anything except that the dealer I selected has an impeccable reputation - Julian Kampmann. But I don't think he carries Vostok. Nevertheless, it might be worth asking him to recommend another dealer. He himself is a dream dealer - and he sends cookies with his watches. I read nothing but great things about him. He wasn't the cheapest but he wasn't the most expensive either. And he services Russian watches as well (only from his own clients though).

His site is http://www.poljot24.de/en/index.html - I am sure he would offer a recommendation. But just be sure to do lots of homework - I have heard some real fright night stories of Russian scam artists.

Here is my Poljot Sturmanskie:

1.jpg

pol1.jpg

Very cool watch. A woman I would with who is from Russia, has a boyfriend who collects Russian watches. He first showed me his Vostok diver a couple of years ago. I must say it was very impressive. I loved the display back and movement decoration. He told me that they used to print Vostok Russia on the face, but a few years ago in an attempt to reach a larger market the started putting Vostok Europe on the faces. This is what I was told and I have no information to back it up. I know that I have seen some great deals on these over on TZ from time to time and they make a great looking product. I look forward to seeing a review on this new model.

Very cool watch. A woman I would with who is from Russia, has a boyfriend who collects Russian watches. He first showed me his Vostok diver a couple of years ago. I must say it was very impressive. I loved the display back and movement decoration. He told me that they used to print Vostok Russia on the face, but a few years ago in an attempt to reach a larger market the started putting Vostok Europe on the faces. This is what I was told and I have no information to back it up. I know that I have seen some great deals on these over on TZ from time to time and they make a great looking product. I look forward to seeing a review on this new model.

Actually, Vostok and Vostok-Europe are completely different (albeit affiliated) companies. Although they share some movements, they have separate lines of watches, different prices, different strategies, different buyers, etc. They're even manufactured in different countries. While Vostok watches are made in Russia, Vostok-Europe watches are made in Lithuania.

Here's some interesting background:

The Vostok Company was founded in 1942 when one of the Moscow watch-making plants of the First Moscow Watch Factory was evacuated to Chistopol, a small town located on the Kama River in Tatarstan. However, the Company did not begin using the Vostok brand name until the 1960s. Only defense equipment was produced during the war years, but as soon as the war was over the company started making mechanical wrist watches. The company was appointed an official supplier of watches for the Defense Department of the Soviet Union in 1965.

In 2004, Vostok Watch Makers began supplying movements to the Koliz Company of Lithuania, makers of the Vostok Europe brand of timepieces.

The company "Koliz Vostok Co. Ltd" was founded as a joint venture between the Russian movement- and watch-maker "Vostok Watch Maker Inc." and the Lithuanian enterprise "Koliz Ltd." offers the world market a new generation of automatic watches based on the traditional Russian watch-making technology and new designs from Lithuania. The first collection of the new watch brand Vostok Europe was introduced at Basel, Switzerland in 2004.

Note that the Maxim Gorky is under the Vostok Europe line.