When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good is the 3717 rep strap?

whitestripes

I will buy a 3717 soon. I'm going to get it on bracelet, just be cause it's unique and looks nice. Questions:

1. Everyone seems to have a hard time removing the bracelet. Hints/tricks to doing so?

2. What quality is the rep croc strap/buckle? is it worth getting it from the dealers as well, or just getting an aftermarket one?

Thanks.

1. Everyone seems to have a hard time removing the bracelet. Hints/tricks to doing so?

You have to press both sides of the springbars simultaneously and then press the bracelet out of the case.

I grinded both sides a little because it fitted so tight that I hardly got them back in. but only very little that there is no gap.

2. What quality is the rep croc strap/buckle? is it worth getting it from the dealers as well, or just getting an aftermarket one?

It's a very poor quality strap. go for another strap, maybe gen gator of different brand ^_^ - the buckle is quite good, but very sharp edges.

Just what Merlin said...the rep strap stinks. It's very poor quality leather. The buckle is good though, and the springbars are fine...so if you get the strap, upgrade it and use the springbars and buckle on the new strap.

As to getting the bracelet off...it's not as bad as people say. I get a safety pin and a narrow springbar tool...pull back the springbar just a bit...stick the pin into the hole it came out of...then use the springbar tool and pop off the other side...presto.

The bracelet is really nice...but on leather it's slick.