When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 how long been in service with no problem?

Hi

I have been reading up on the 7750 movement seconds problem in the 6th position sub dial.

I was thinking of buying a 7750 daytona with the seconds in the 9th position.

Are they reliable if I dont use the chrono function?

I know some people say they are a problem. But I have read how to set the date etc.

I just wanted to know whats the longest time people have been in use and are still

running without any problem. 6 months? 12 months?

tnx

Mine lasted 1 week. Serviced. After that, 6 months now and running great.

You can't compare the daytona with other asian 7750's because of the heavy modifications.

A regular asian 7750 can be unreliable but it can also be fine. I have several with no or slight problems. But The Zigmeister has said that the Daytona movement is basically designed to fail.

You can't compare the daytona with other asian 7750's because of the heavy modifications.

A regular asian 7750 can be unreliable but it can also be fine. I have several with no or slight problems. But The Zigmeister has said that the Daytona movement is basically designed to fail.

He said he wants a seconds @ 9 model Daytona therefore no mods at all!

As far as my opinion I like the new 7750 version but it isn't in all the current model reps! So ask your dealer if you are getting the 28,800vph model before purchase. If not I would recommend finding someone to do a full service as my record on the old Asian 7750 is 0 for 3!

Good luck and good hunting!

Jon

Edited by Bignasty