When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need Cyclops for DSN 088

cib0rgman

I have this DSN 088. I think th e cyclops does not look really good I was wondering if someone know a source for a good cyclop Also the lume looks kind of green sometimes, is this the right color I nhave never seem a Gen so I can not tell.

100_3727.jpg

Thanks

Cyborg,

the DSN cyclops on his new auto models, like the cyclops on new auto PAMs from other collectors and genuine PAMs, is a recessed cyclops embedded in a sandwich crystal. Trying and replacing is is asking for troubles. Your best option is to live with it until a better cyclops will be designed and produced, then to swap the whole crystal+cyclops ensemble. In the end, it's all but bad.

About the dial: it is ok. Also in the gen those parts are white-green, while the other parts are white. If you are afraid that the white-green parts are too green, just think about the lume tolerances on the gen too.

DSN 088 is one of the best auto PAM dial around, probably the best. I bet that even a paneristi would not notice any differences.

Cyborg,

the DSN cyclops on his new auto models, like the cyclops on new auto PAMs from other collectors and genuine PAMs, is a recessed cyclops embedded in a sandwich crystal. Trying and replacing is is asking for troubles. Your best option is to live with it until a better cyclops will be designed and produced, then to swap the whole crystal+cyclops ensemble. In the end, it's all but bad.

About the dial: it is ok. Also in the gen those parts are white-green, while the other parts are white. If you are afraid that the white-green parts are too green, just think about the lume tolerances on the gen too.

DSN 088 is one of the best auto PAM dial around, probably the best. I bet that even a paneristi would not notice any differences.

Thanks for the information. I did not know about the cyclop, i guess I will have to live with it until a better one comes around.

By the way I love this watch is getting a lot of wrist time I bought two straps from panatime looks fantastic brown and black.

cheers