When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 0026 PVD

noodles

Dear All,

Being a genuine lefty, I am particularly interested in lefty Panerais and the one shown with Davidsenjpn. I am a big admirer of his but have noticed that the crown guard is upside down compared to the original. I know it would be simple enough to switch it round but has anyone purchased this model, 0026 PVD and have sucessfully switched it around so it looks correct.

Otherwise, is anyone prepared to sell me a good standard lefty 44mm PVD or steel. Prepared to pay for the right watch.

Thank-you for your time

Noodles

Dear All,

Being a genuine lefty, I am particularly interested in lefty Panerais and the one shown with Davidsenjpn. I am a big admirer of his but have noticed that the crown guard is upside down compared to the original. I know it would be simple enough to switch it round but has anyone purchased this model, 0026 PVD and have sucessfully switched it around so it looks correct.

Otherwise, is anyone prepared to sell me a good standard lefty 44mm PVD or steel. Prepared to pay for the right watch.

Thank-you for your time

Noodles

The switch should be simple enough, but you should really check with DSN and ask if he can turn the CG around. if you already have a PAM you might want to give it a go. As far as I know there are NO reverse CG on reps, I may be wrong but the ones I have seen have just been the standard CG upside down which will mean the CG Lever sit lower as the bottom, now the the top and is thinner.

Please post some pics if you get a lefty

ST4

• 2 weeks later...

Noodles,

If the 'new' DSN 26 is meant to replicate the most up to date 026 unveiled by Panerai at SIHH 2008, then I would compare the dials to see if the accuracy suits you....because basically, there is none. His rep came out about 2 weeks after the watch was first shown which probably speaks to the effort put forth. (for full disclosure purposes, I own a handful of DSN watches and like them). Panerai gave the numerals on the new 026 more of a Pre-V look to them, which I thought was great. DSN made no attempt to 'upgrade' the dial....so makes you ask the question....what did he really replicate?