When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Social Security [in the U.S]...

TwoTone

In that case, Bush and the neocons would have a Progressive Foreign Policy in that they think they wanted to change the middle east by force while the Democrats would be Conservative in that they believe we should stick with they way things always have been done, change through Diplomacy and building coalitions.

I'll not bother picking this apart as it's a US partisan thing and I just don't get that. However, Liberal and Conservative do not respectively mean Democrat and Republican.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most actual conservatives, myself included, do not consider President Bush a conservative.

Agreed. Barry Goldwater is spinning in his grave.

Did we vote for him? Yes. We realize we live in a less than perfect world and will take what we consider the lesser of 2 evils.

I have always been kind of curious as to what issues the conservatives feel closely aligned to Bush are, i.e. what his appeal to you is based on. Can you expand?

Ok, I penned a longer response but removed it. The appeal is "less in the wrong direction than the other guy."

LOL. Ok, maybe we can talk about it some day over a beer.

I feel sorry for the original poster. This was supposed to be his funny republican propaganda thread and it turned into a deep discussion on core economics once his post was pretty much dismissed by all parties.

you're right, and it is probably as much my fault as anyone's. he can come for a beer too.