When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my YM in trouble?

timeman

I've got a Noob YM with ETA from Angus twist week ago, I keep on wearing it for the whole two weeks, but sometimes the date don't shift automatically. This situation only appeared about 2-3 times, Is it acceptable? or maybe some problems occurred? Please share your own experience!!

I've got a Noob YM with ETA from Angus twist week ago, I keep on wearing it for the whole two weeks, but sometimes the date don't shift automatically. This situation only appeared about 2-3 times, Is it acceptable? or maybe some problems occurred? Please share your own experience!!

My YM didn't come from Angus but I've purchased a couple of watches from him. So far, he's been real responsive to messages. You should send him an email and tell him about the problem. If the watch is new, perhaps you can ask him to exchange it. But with the long wait and the postage cost to China to get it replaced, you should have your local watchsmith take a look at the watch first. Maybe he can fix it for cheap and only takes a day.

21J movement--like ETA's--has an overlay with correct fonts glued over the datewheel. and if the glue loosens in a spot or two, the xhange can hang up. Fix is to take the dial off and reglue the overlay--or just not worry about it.

It may loosen up and get better with use.

Riff

You can try manually running through the dates several times to see if it loosens up. I have a Planet Ocean that would only flip the dates half way several times a month. I used this method, which helped a bit, and after a few months the problem disappeared.