When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Omega would Be Best?

007omega

I am interested in buying a replica Omega Seamaster but have gotten so many mixed reviews. Many people say that the seamaster reps are all rather junky and inaccurate. I have been told the Planet Ocean rep would be best (especially the 007 version as I love the bond limited edition look)...

But, my major issue is that i have a small wrist... very thin wrist... so i don't want to get the planet ocean which will dwarf my arm. I would love a 007 edition seamaster but feel uncomfortable considering one given the quality issues.

Can anyone point me in a direction where I could get a solid seamaster rep

ruckdee007Seamaster.jpg

or with the 007 log like this...

o_200742111150F2A0.jpg

Guest Vddubgrub

To the OP, from what I have researched its between King and Silix.

Kings SMP is nice and has better crown guards than all the rest.

Silix SMP is nice because it has better dial, font, bracelet but poor CG's.

Thats all I know. Im about to get a Silix SMP.

I wouldnt hold my breath with a new version because this model is considered older and factories seem to be concentrating on the "super reps". I also challenge someone to prove improved crown guards and HEV is even planned on the new rep. How would you feel if you waited and it was just another "ultimate" version that had neither improved HEV or CG's?

I ordered my SMP from paul last night. it will hold me over for awhile, my last order from him was a 007 SMP about 4 years ago and its held true until it slammed onto a concrete floor...

but ive decided its time to quit pussyfootin around. im saving up and buying a real deal. ever since i saw GoldenEye i absolutely fell in love with this watch. these reps are so accurate and such high quality you REALLY have to be an expert/nitpicker to notice the changes in my opinion. I for the life of me cannot see any glaring differences that make me go GOD DAMN!!!! but that being said i cant wait to have the real deal on my wrist. ill still buy reps for ridiculous watches like $30,000 Daytonas tho lol

use a time machine and come back about 3 years ago ;)

what makes me mad is i was thiiiiis close to ordering my regular SMP back then. I was very into reps back then and i assumed that version would be right there waiting for me when i was ready to pick it up. well the model i ordered from paul said it was added to his catalog back in 05 so maybe ill get lucky and ill get a good one. either way its just gonna be a temporary fix till i get my real deal :o)