When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

southcoast68's chronos

southcoast68

Hi all

Well tropical storm Fay drowned out my day, so I figured I'd get out the camera and share the collection with you all. Here are all the chronographs and faux chronos currently in the fleet, first the group shot.

TheGroup.jpg

1. Fortis Cosmonauts Chrono - got it used at a NAWCC show years ago, did not get all the cool swag you get with a Fortis chrono though -_- ;

Fortischrono.jpg

2. Rolex Daytona 6263 - Originally from Josh, it is a real workhorse with its Seagull ST-19 (Venus copy);

6263.jpg

3. Rolex Daytona 6263 Exotic dial - Originally from Josh, it also has the Seagull ST-19 and compliments the other 6263 brilliantly;

6263Exotic.jpg

4. Rolex Daytona seconds at 9 - Obtained used from another forum member, it is a A7750 with seconds at 9, subdials spaced way too far apart, and a way too big case, but its a nice watch just the same;

Daysecat9.jpg

5. Rolex Daytona seconds at 6 - Got it from Josh a few years ago and it is a beauty, and thankfully (knock wood) still running fine;

Daytonasecat6.jpg

6. TAG Heuer Aquaracer chrono - bought it used from a member of another forum (and got a crazy good deal too), this watch is beautiful!! A date wheel swap is in its future;

Aquaracerchrono.jpg

7. Panerai 253 Regatta Flyback - got it used a while back, when I took it out of the package I about fell over, this thing is awesome!! Someday I might repaint the blue chrono hand to be closer to gen.

253Regatta.jpg

8. Breitling Chronomat Evolution - got this one in trade over at RWI last year, the bezel rider tabs are [censored] as well as the date wheel, but I like it - a lot. Its amongst the smoothest running A7750 chonos I have and I love its wrist presence;

Evochrono.jpg

9. Flying Tigers chrono ( :confused: ) - got it at a NAWCC show earlier this year for $70, has a wrist presence that is almost Rolex like, and has a beautiful blue dial to boot. Oh yeah - its also quartz;

FTchrono.jpg

10. Omega Speedmaster Michael Schumacher edition - got this one from Trevor over at RWI last fall, all I can say is wow, what a nice watch, works perfectly too. I am planning on a review of this somewhat overlooked piece since I think it deserves some recognition;

OmegaMSchrono.jpg

11. Omega Speedmaster Moon Faux chrono - Got this one used too, sorry everyone, but even the old factory rep of this one is still not nearly good enough to satisfy me, so until I do get the gen, this one will suffice;

Omegafauxchrono.jpg

12. Omega Planet Ocean chrono - Got this one from trusty time, I opted for the quartz model here as I think the subdial spacing is more beleiveable, besides, its mighty handy to have a ready to go quartz on hand at times;

POchrono.jpg

13. RXW Daytona faux chrono - Got it used a couple of weeks ago, this one has a case profile much like a gen Daytona - slim with a not to conical a bezel. It does need a thicker crystal IMO, and I often wonder if this could be changed into something more interesting :g: ;

RXWchrono.jpg

14. Swatch Irony chrono - bought it new about 9 years ago, rarely wear it anymore although its a good looking watch, another quartz powered machine;

Swatchchrono.jpg

15. Unfinished project - I am working on finishing this one soon, its got a ETA 7750 I got from ajoesmith a while back and a case and dial kit from Ebay. I just need to decide what style of hands I want to use (ones on there now are just to test the movement, and yeah - it runs flawlessly!!);

ProjectUnfinished.jpg

Thats the chrono lot, hope you enjoyed the pics. Its rare I get an afternoon to just play with the camera. BTW - all of the reps here are unmodified, not even a service, and all run real good which is a good testiment to how good these watches can be. I know they should be serviced if I want them to run trouble free for the long haul, but when they are in the rotation, each get no more than a week at a time usage.

Whats next?? Planning on a TAG Heuer Carrera next in addition to a Breitling Skyland and another Rolex Daytona (thanks RWG :yeah: )

Cheers B)