When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does the gen insert fit on the old factory ETA SMP?

By-Tor

Anyone knows if the gen insert is a direct fit to the 3 years old Bond Seamaster replica classic?

Also, is this part available through any source? Anyone has a spare and wants to sell?

Thanks... I'm planning to update my good and reliable workhorse.

77a.jpg

Thanks LR, appreciated my friend. But I already have a spare (pin version). I acquired that for my black GMT that I used to own. :)

PS: I could buy a spare SMP Chrono rep insert too (if someone has an extra one laying around). The pearl isn't perfect but it's very reasonable.

I don't think the genuine insert will fit BT...Ziggy has had no luck with the genuine bezels or inserts as I recall.

I sourced the Chrono insert from Silix and that is on my Franken SMP. It is better than all of the aftermarket inserts I could find.

omegasmpcompletemodsov5.jpg

by-tor,

I have the same model as you. The older model SMP. I put on a genuine bezel (the bezel snaps onto the case believe it or not) so there was no need to remove the bezel insert from the bezel. The only thing you need to do is secure the bezel ratchet (the part that goes underneath the bezel which makes it click).

hope this helps.

Thanks guys.

I think the whole bezel construction would be too costly as a spare part.

I think I'm going to get a gen and part with my rep. Just like GMT Master II, this is the watch that I have grown to like too much to settle with the rep.

I just fitted a genuine white gold bezel (the whole bezel) to a closed factory version... From the picture, it seems that the 2 cases aren't the same (mine has a higher He valve).

However, I have heard that the insert itself will fit nicely and it's interchangeable between the chrono and non chrono model.

Omega sells the bezel with insert as a whole, when I was sourcing one for my gen (2 years ago when I was selling it) they could be had for about $90 on the bay.

Good choice on the gen, old factory smp is nice but not gen quality... and the gen's can be had very reasonably if you keep an eye out.

Edited by supermanx

Omega sells the bezel with insert as a whole, when I was sourcing one for my gen (2 years ago when I was selling it) they could be had for about $90 on the bay.

Good choice on the gen, old factory smp is nice but not gen quality... and the gen's can be had very reasonably if you keep an eye out.

Totally agree with the SMP gen is the way to go...the gen watch just sits better on the wrist due to its lower profile and differnt case back. The smoothness of the omega movement and the ETA-copy reps just dont compare.

-bosk