When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Painting the date wheel surround...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

Here are the finished product shots.

Too bad the case and bracelet are screwed on this one... it would be a nice watch!

Anyone want a dial and movement all ready to drop in to your case and bracelet???

dscn1304kw7.jpg

dscn1304kw7.51ec955d26.jpg

dscn1306hu6.jpg

dscn1306hu6.f4377dbd4d.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

This bracelet was "smashed" in the box that it was shipped to me in. It was in a USPS priority mail flat rate box and somehow the USPS either stepped on the box or something. The bracelet is "kinked" four links down from the case on both sides.

The case has a stripped screw that has been epoxied in so that the bracelet cannot now be removed without drilling the screw out.

Other than that its nice... :rolleyes:

This bracelet was "smashed" in the box that it was shipped to me in. It was in a USPS priority mail flat rate box and somehow the USPS either stepped on the box or something. The bracelet is "kinked" four links down from the case on both sides.

The case has a stripped screw that has been epoxied in so that the bracelet cannot now be removed without drilling the screw out.

Other than that its nice... :rolleyes:

That does not sound so bad....get a hacksaw and remove the bracelet with end pieces intact on the case and u can stick on a nice strap after loctiting the case screw.

still...excellent work with the paint.

-bosk

He man , that looks pretty amazing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just received mine back from Angus but unfortunately he send me the non updated one.

So I can send it back for the second time to him or try to do the same job you did.

Few questions before it start messing with it:

How difficult is it in a scale to 10?

How is that cyclops attached to that metal plate?

Did you use oil for the gears when you put it back together?

Is your movement still running ok and how much do you want for it?

Ciao!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Difficulty= 6 if you've ever taken a watch apart before

The cyclops just sits there... nothing really holding it in place but the pressure from the cyclops ring

No, I did not re-lube the gears as I put it back together.

Movement is running perfectly. +7 seconds after 27 hours

Not for sale.

• 1 month later...

Hey Carlsbad Rolex (I think I must be just down the rode from you in DM), and fellow AP Roo philes.

Nice fix on your ROO date/window. It looks beautiful! (I'm awaiting mine ordered from Silix). Now to sacralidge: Could a black PVD bezel be removed and lightly flat black painted to add some additional coating (from rep 001mm of rep to aproximate 005mm of gen) to improve bezel scratch resistance? Or is that a 'no go' as it would not adhere properly to PVD,,,,and , well just creating an abortion?

Secondly, would oiling the 7750 sec @12 aid in the watches function and longeveity? Is graphite another approach? If so, which is better - what materials would you suggest?

Third, I'm sure you saw the 'waterproof' photos posted w/ lovely OLA. Is there anything that can be done to improve the watches water resistance to tolerate a light spalsh in the pool? (Siliconing? What and how)?

Got any suggestions on setting the watch up properly to insure to insure good reserve?

I've noticed you're pretty switched on about dealing with these watches. I've combed this this site and 'grasshopper seeks your insight'.

Thanks mate.,,,,and bredren of the AP ROO. Would appreciate all your thoughts and that of the forum.

Carerra1