When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm sad all my watches are filled by flaws

pv007

Hello guys,

I'm sad... I know that you all know this situation when you receive you watch and you notice that there are filled by mechanics flaws or something else ... :(

So I have to speak here because I feel like I'm the only one having such a problems in the community !

I've just ordered 3 watches from a well known dealer ( won't tell his name as he offered me to replaced them)

First one Chrono was not working (he told me that when he QC it) so I got a replacement not the same color but that's ok - GRAHAM I can leave with it

Then I received the Porsche FLAT 6 7750. I tried to wind manually the crown it worked but it seems that the movement was not really nicely mounted as the Rotor was moving with the crown turn like a car wheel running at 250 MPH

For information rotor does not have to move when you turn the crown

Above all, when I moved the date it was filled by dirt ... (I send it back for another one)

Then I received the MontBlanc, this time, the rotor was not working ... in fact it was turning inside the watch but free, without any sort of resistance, indeed the wheel that moves inside with the rotor (the small one you can see under a hole) t is not moving with the rotor movement so the rotor is not able to give its power and thus power reserve to the watch. I can onlt manually wind it as a venus one ( I will send it back)

sad... sad .... :(

maybe after a long walk together, I will certainly go for another dealer like Eurotimez who seem to really make clear QC or maybe it's just my fate or my bad luck...but damn I'm feeliing really bad... Ilove too much these watches ! lol :/

:huh:

Hello guys,

I'm sad... I know that you all know this situation when you receive you watch and you notice that there are filled by mechanics flaws or something else ... :(

So I have to speak here because I feel like I'm the only one having such a problems in the community !

I've just ordered 3 watches from a well known dealer ( won't tell his name as he offered me to replaced them)

First one Chrono was not working (he told me that when he QC it) so I got a replacement not the same color but that's ok - GRAHAM I can leave with it

Then I received the Porsche FLAT 6 7750. I tried to wind manually the crown it worked but it seems that the movement was not really nicely mounted as the Rotor was moving with the crown turn like a car wheel running at 250 MPH

For information rotor does not have to move when you turn the crown

Above all, when I moved the date it was filled by dirt ... (I send it back for another one)

Then I received the MontBlanc, this time, the rotor was not working ... in fact it was turning inside the watch but free, without any sort of resistance, indeed the wheel that moves inside with the rotor (the small one you can see under a hole) t is not moving with the rotor movement so the rotor is not able to give its power and thus power reserve to the watch. I can onlt manually wind it as a venus one ( I will send it back)

sad... sad .... :(

maybe after a long walk together, I will certainly go for another dealer like Eurotimez who seem to really make clear QC or maybe it's just my fate or my bad luck...but damn I'm feeliing really bad... Ilove too much these watches ! lol :/

:huh:

Welcome to the wonderful world of rep QC!

Every single rep I've ever bought had one flaw or another some more annoying than others.

I've even been promised one movement, dial and even type of watch and received something totally different.

All this from different vendors, some euro based others not.

This isn't like going to an AD and buying a gen, there is always going to be some minor issue whether it be the watch itself, customs or servicing after purchase. At least in my experience there always has been.