When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's selling this cali dial with Rolex movement for $5K?

old skool

I saw this one as well...and I have started to write a post but in the end decided not to do it...

I am interesting to know as well who is the seller...nust be one that is on the rep forums...

to me it seems that the watch is highly overpriced (but I am not an expert on vinatge Rolex movements - maybe that specific movement is a rare one)...

I guess it could be rare. Still my guess is that it is worth around $1,000 for the movement. Then you have cost of servicing. Add in a healthy amount for box and strap, and you have the start of a really nice watch. The problem is who knows if this is a quality case, or if the dial and hands are quality. He could have just bought a low end fake. Regardless I would be very surprised if it sells for anything close to $5K. The least he could have done was source a period correct, thick case back or at least a sterile one. A hand filed case back does not belong on this watch.

Edited by old skool

hi guys

this is a good watch...and good work from modder(i cannot the men)

but i think a little bid to big price and a beauty vintage motor in a new generation watch is for me not 100% nice

i have this watch in 3646 with same motor for half price

i paid motor for big money and mods a vintage cali from(se tread here with bigger caseback in panerai for 1week)

but the members comment this watch???

VDBroucke uses these in some vintage Pams...

this watch is overpriced - sure

but it will worth $2.500

this rolex caliber is very rare and will never fall in value

the second rolex movement is a totaly different movement and never used by Panerai. It exist dozen different Rolex pocket watch vintage calibers... but only one model is the correct one for Vintage Panerai.

the vintage gens pas is only with cal 618 btw 15 or 17 jewels...

the rolex/eaton movt is 95% a cal 618 and little more specials

the 618 is a modded cortebert 616

but the ``rolex`` movt from tread is i think not a rolex and nothing in panerai

this watch is overpriced - sure

but it will worth $2.500

this rolex caliber is very rare and will never fall in value

the second rolex movement is a totaly different movement and never used by Panerai. It exist dozen different Rolex pocket watch vintage calibers... but only one model is the correct one for Vintage Panerai.

Personally, I never would have had the heart to take apart that nice pocket watch just to make some Panerai homage. That one inparticular had a nice engraved case as well as the 1/4 century club dial. It once was someones acheivement award and a shame to see such a thing go to peices. Just my .02.

What are you guys whining about? Buy it, or dont. If its overpriced, noone will buy it. Maybe there is someone with lots of money who wants to drop 5k on that watch? Cetainly not me, but who knows.

Btw. I saw a better looking rolex movement sell for about 1800$ last year at a live auction. That was THE Rolex movement as used in the 3646 and it was NOS (I mean really NOS!) I'm still [censored] that I lost the bid by 50$ (wasnt home at the time) <_< <_< <_<