When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Technoluxury TX

warbody

Hey guys what's up!

I've been far far away from this forum for a while. I started playing paintball like 5 months ago and it is draining my time/money is a really incredible sport but ... let's go back to the point.

I want a new watch, right now im kind of proud owner of technomarine, gret desing but hands fell off lately so not great quality and i'm interested in getting a new watch. As i have said before i dont feel like owning a 2,000 USD watch without even owning a car yet.!

I've been looking at this watch @ Nordstrom, looks awesome ! what you think about it guy/girls/3rds ?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2999275/0~2376...6010495&P=1

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2986603/0~2376...6010495&P=1

Let me know what you think about it!

I believe that's the new line from Timex. It's their initial entry into the so-called higher end fashion/sports segment. I actually like it, but I wish it was an auto instead of quartz. If it works for you though they don't look bad. Being Timex I'm sure quality/fit/finish isn't a concern. I like it, thumbs up for me. They look the business.

The designs are a little too techy for me. But as to value, I think the current batch of high end reps, properly serviced will bring you to the same price point (e.g. A Skyland at $268 + $200 servicing plus shipping @ $60 is just over $500), and will give you very good reliability, service and quality...and the design elements of a high end watch.

Something like a Porsche flat 6, Tag Carrera or even a Chopard GT might be in line with your style...and would be a similar price point.

I have one of the 770 models and absolutely LOVE the watch. I bought it at Saks for $425 with the orange strap, then bought a new black strap ($8 + a lot of work to get one), then managed to lose the orange one, can you believe that? Anyway, the watch is solid, beautiful and worth every cent of the retail price. It draws a LOT of attention and features a COOL compass function. And that is the sole reason why it is quartz and not auto: the compass. The fly-back chrono is charming and it also comes with a second time zone function.

One of the cons of the 770 (not an issue in the 730 though) is the poor readability of minutes and seconds. As this model lacks the minor minute markers, it is always a pain in the ass deciding if it is 32 or 33 or 34 minutes, for instance. Also, the crown is not screw-down and no AR on the sapphire crystal.

As someone has cited the porsche, enjoy the pics...

post-13652-1220922300_thumb.jpg

post-13652-1220922341_thumb.jpg