When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A couple of reports on t crowns

sssurfer

Tested the fit of t crowns on DSN 44mm auto cases -- a SS case and a Ti case.

They fit. The outer diameter of the crown tube (I mean the tube attached to the crown, where the stem gets screwed in) is 1.92 - 1.94mm on the t crown, 2.00mm on the DSN crown.

Those 6-8 hundredths of mm are not enough to make a misfit. The t crown enters into the case tube and it stays firm enough.

But the lever of the DSN crown guard just touchs the t crown center, it does not firmly press on it. Evidently, the inner thickness of the t crown is lower than that of the DSN crown.

The result is a floppy lever in the closed position. On the Ti case it was just slightly floppy, on the SS case it was definitely floppy -- differences due to tolerances, I suppose.

----

Also, verified the diameter of the 7750 stem (t recommended 1.20 crowns for 7750 movements).

It is 0.90mm, not 1.20.

The result is a floppy lever in the closed position. On the Ti case it was just slightly floppy, on the SS case it was definitely floppy -- differences due to tolerances, I suppose.

Easy fix though, sand down the CG feet, i have had to do on all 3 of my pams with CGs, Vicky Rob got a 111 from eurotimes with a great nice tight one the other day.

----

Also, verified the diameter of the 7750 stem (t recommended 1.20 crowns for 7750 movements).

It is 0.90mm, not 1.20.

You can get both sizes of stems for 7750 - 1.2 and 0.9. Thing is, most rep makers use 0.9 - probably 0.0002 cent cheaper :)

regards

You can get both sizes of stems for 7750 - 1.2 and 0.9. Thing is, most rep makers use 0.9 - probably 0.0002 cent cheaper :)

Thanks, Z3.

Actually, the ESA 7750 stem (ref. 51.010.23) is 1.20, but, as you said, the 7750 reps rather seem to often use 0.9 stems.

What leaves us 7750 rep owners quite unsure on which t crown to order -- unless we open our watches, remove the crown+stem, and measure the stem diameter. :black_eye:

Thanks, Z3.

Actually, the ESA 7750 stem (ref. 51.010.23) is 1.20, but, as you said, the 7750 reps rather seem to often use 0.9 stems.

What leaves us 7750 rep owners quite unsure on which t crown to order -- unless we open our watches, remove the crown+stem, and measure the stem diameter. :black_eye:

Well, if you have any cutting tools, you should buy few new stems and cut one to correct length. I wouldn't use old anyhow, as t pointed out that T-crown have a bit "deeper hole" than rep crowns, so you need a bit longer stem if you want to do i properly. I ordered all my T-crowns in 1.2 size, so I can use them for HW and auto.

regards

I ordered all my T-crowns in 1.2 size, so I can use them for HW and auto.

???

The only auto movement where you can use a 1.2 crown is the 7750, and if it is a rep 7750 then you still have to replace the stem as the "original" stem is 0.90.

All other auto movements in PAM reps (2892-A2, 2893, 2836, DG3809, DG3886, ST2530) have 0.90 stems.

???

The only auto movement where you can use a 1.2 crown is the 7750, and if it is a rep 7750 then you still have to replace the stem as the "original" stem is 0.90.

All other auto movements in PAM reps (2892-A2, 2893, 2836, DG3809, DG3886, ST2530) have 0.90 stems.

Ups, sorry for the confusion - I only have 7750 based auto PAMs :rolleyes:

And, if you buy yourself a new stem and crown why would you care what size is "original" stem ?

regards

you can use also a stem adapter to make a 0.9mm stem 1.2mm

but hey... contact me via PM... i am sure i will know a way brother ;)

Really thanks, t, but no problem here. I took both 0.90 and 1.20 crowns. :)

My post was just a suggestion to 7750 owners to check their stem diameter before choosing which crown to order.

BTW, if you are going to make t48 crowns too I will take them as well. And if you are going to also make them PVD, I will take two of those too.

It shouldn't impact anyone but be forewarned that if you are planning on using your crown with a manual wind (1.2) buy 1.2. There is not enough room for a stem adapter in a 44mm PAM for the adapter when using a 6497. Otherwise you will need to get custom stems which taper from 1.2 to 0.9 which can be done but you are better off getting the right one in the first place.

Can we see some rep watches with the standard crown the DSN one next to a rep with the new "T" crown.

tcrownvsdsncrownnt0.jpg

ok the theeths looks different, but it looks now much better with the thickness of the crown :)

Absolutely. ^_^