When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SRSD Opinions?

tr4driver

Just wondering, tr4driver, why were you soooo suspicious?

It's not the watch I ordered. Since there was obviously a mix up, and Chris offers non-MBK vintage Sea Dwellers as well, I just wanted to make sure I at least got an MBK watch. I really don't want to go through the hassel of sending the watch back, and can live with the SRSD versus DRSD.

It's not the watch I ordered. Since there was obviously a mix up, and Chris offers non-MBK vintage Sea Dwellers as well, I just wanted to make sure I at least got an MBK watch. I really don't want to go through the hassel of sending the watch back, and can live with the SRSD versus DRSD.

That makes sense.

The single red is so scarce that even the Rolex WIS fanatics have barely handled gen ones. You could try to make it close to the gen but it is highly unlikely you will see someone actually ever wearing a gen one. But it is a nice tribute watch that shows you are a Rolex enthousiast. The one you show looks exactly like the one I had but with the recent GW caseback.... It is MBW (as we call it).

Hi, Tr4driver,

Just woke up and didn't see this thread otherwise would have responded much earlier, a good member pointed me towards this thread.

I actually did wrote you back, the same day I heard that you got a mix-up. Please check our spam folder and we'll sent out the reply again later today (have to find it). I apologise for the mix up, my forwarder (since it got shipped from within EU) I told him to sent a DRSD but the SRSD and the DRSD look much alike to a non-vintage expert like my forwarder he just forwards my watches.... I apologise sincerely for that and I'll get you the correct one (that is basically what was in my e-mail sent to you)...

It is indeed and MBK 100% sure, look here it is listed here in my section as well. Yes for the record a mistake has been made on our part --i'm not perfect and never claimed to be, I should have been more specific with my forwarder--, and yes I take full responsibility for this, shipping cost back --is on my cost-- and sending the correct DRSD.

For vintage I only sell MBK and only stock MBK vintage as the chinese is just below my standard and most of my customers standard. The SRSD is fully inspected already containing a genuine ETA 2836-2 movement --I only order MBK with real ETA, there also available with COPY-ETA fyi--

CLICK HERE liste at nr 12 - modelnr MBN-RN-013 it is an SRSD

Edited by EuroTimez

I read this whole thread and I learned quite alot again... :)

Btw what Ubi said about the washer it is in your SRSD it hides inside/downside of your bezel if you take a look at the picture. I learned that that washer thing you can bend a bit to make the bezel turn more smoother when it is too tight... or you can make bend it a certain way to make it more tight if it is too loose.

and

@Tr4driver, please try to keep the watch in new-state / unworn, untouched so dont take everything apart and back on etc etc, if you wish to return it and swap it for a new one because if damaged (and the glass / caseback scratches quickly) it is hard to replace. I could also sent you a dial or whatever if that is easier more convienient for you... please contact me by e-mail. Thanks in advance.

rgds

chris

Edited by EuroTimez

I read this whole thread and I learned quite alot again... :)

Btw what Ubi said about the washer it is in your SRSD it hides inside/downside of your bezel if you take a look at the picture. I learned that that washer thing you can bend a bit to make the bezel turn more smoother when it is too tight... or you can make bend it a certain way to make it more tight if it is too loose.

and

@Tr4driver, please try to keep the watch in new-state / unworn, untouched so dont take everything apart and back on etc etc, if you wish to return it and swap it for a new one because if damaged (and the glass / caseback scratches quickly) it is hard to replace. I could also sent you a dial or whatever if that is easier more convienient for you... please contact me by e-mail. Thanks in advance.

rgds

chris

Chris,

Thanks for the offer/info. I plan to keep the watch as-is. After learning a little more about it, I think the single red dial makes it a more interesting conversation piece (which is really my main reason for owning the watch anyway).

Also, I want to apologize if I came off sounding a bit suspicious or overly anxious. Based on reviews that others have left here, I never doubted that you would come through and make things right if there was indeed a problem. I just didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the watch, and needed help convincing myself to keep it. ;)

Thanks again everyone! Now it's time to start thinking about my next watch... :)