When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG LUNCH IN SO CAL

Thor

Page 1:

Welcome Fellow RWG Members,

Being a relatively new member to RWG, I would like to thank everyone who posts informative info, as well as some good jokes. All jokes aside, one thing that I read was that in Florida, some fellow RWG members got together and had lunch and shared watch stories, a comraderie of sorts.

I hear that this has been done in the California area, but I don't know how long ago that was, therefore I suggest that it is long overdue. The holidays are right around the corner, so I (and a few others) suggested the weekend following Thanksgiving weekend (Dec.4th to be exact). This hopefully will not interfere with plans that many of us have for the upcoming holidays (travel, shopping, etc.)

I would like to update this post, as Blade updated the lists on the RWG lottery for those who show interest. Please post AND PM me so I can add your names to the running list. Any out of town RWG members please feel free to show up if it can fit into your travel itenerary! Any suggestions are gladly welcomed. Hope to hear from many of you as soon as possible!!

Esmarc

The RWG Meeting in California will be on December 4th, noon, at:

Salt Creek Grille

32802 Pacific Coast Highway

Corner of Crown Valley Pkwy and PCH

Dana Point, CA 92629

(949)661-7799

Those showing interest:

Maxlove

Zorro

bruce79

mikellem

ltdb + friend

avitt + spouse

rschultes

rmp247

rapturedsoon + spouse

goofy

Klinkster

Salt Creek Grille

Yahoo Maps To Location

Esmarc, sounds good, to me it really doesn't matter if we do a 5 star or just a hamburger joint, what matters is to meet fellow members, have a nice cold one, and compare and share our experiences in the timekeeping world...

Not sure about Thanksgiving weekend but will do my best to attend....cheers!

~Z

@Zorro,

The weekend AFTER Thanksgiving weekend!! (December 4th) ;)

Esmarc

Esmarc:

Count me in. Dec. 4th weekend works well. Suggest North San Diego County to

South Orange County to accommodate most members. Middle of the road kind of place sounds best. :thumbsup:

@Esmarc

Thanks for the invite. I live in Nor Cal, 25 miles east of SF. Don't think I can make it. If you find yourself up north send me a PM, we can hook up then.

:drunk:

:band:

Dec 4th sounds like a plan.... ;)

I'd come but California is a bit too far from Scandinavia. ;)

@By-Tor,

Come on down, I'll buy you a drink...That should make it worthwhile ;) Maybe next time.

Esmarc

By-Tor, it would be a pleasure to have you visit us here in Cali, too bad for the distance.....cheers! 5251-6265.gif

On behalf of Esmarc and myself..we woud like to extend the invitation to JETMID to fly in and bring the PP for all to see. John Wayne airport has everything you need for the plane and I will personally spring for the security guards for your watch.

Esmarc, you know you can count me in!

Great Call my friend.

Max and I shall attend! He is next to me right now..sporting his Daytona!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wherever

whenever

Klink

If I am around, I will be there!

How about a few, quite a few, rounds of drinks?

I'd have to suggest L.A. since, well, you know: L.A. is tha place! And, there are a thousand and one great watering holes.

LA would be nice for me, closer to home... and yes, there's definitely places to choose from... ;)

Thanks Everyone for your interests, keep the posts coming and we will work on something that seems fair for all in regards to location. I'd like to see representation from LA, SD, and OC, so I'll be keeping track and making suggestions. It might help if we recommend some names of places to go, as maybe the restaurant/watering hole would be an equal draw...suggestions ???

Esmarc

I can make it for sure. I'm in the heart of SD but can probably make it up to LA area without a problem. Just as long as it's not Friday afternoon as that has to be about the worst commute this side of the moon. :lol:

I think we should keep it somewhat casual, perhaps someone has a spacious home that can accommodate the RWG crew??? This being SoCal and all!!!

Page 2:

I've got an idea, how about all you guy's picthing in for my plane ticket and when I get there I'll shout the first round :lol:

err, ok I understand :blushing:

Ken

Maybe there may be a discount for a "double'- I'll come with you!!!

Was due to got to Lauderdale last week to look at a couple of boats- but a strong wind blew the plane back to Brisbane!!

So a quick lunch sounds most appealing- maybe we need to do one in Oz???

Offshore

what seemed to work for our south florida gathering was - well, 1 alot of people didn't want to come until they found out it was "cool" and they then would come the next time.

But some pioneers made it the first time :)

anyway, i set it up for lunch saturday, we didn't even eat heavy, appetizers and soup, and we were there for 2hrs - and tthe time FLEW buy.

we did it at a place that didn't have a big lunch crowd, but had big tables so we had room to spread out our collections and no one around to bother us.

except for the occasional waitress who came by and was very impressed with all the nice watches :)

i think we'll try to do it in a similar place.

plenty of room, without the crowd so we can spred out the watches and food with privacy.

enjoy

Hi Steve ,i hope you will wearing your new Shirt :D:D

Cheers!

Sigi,

I will most definitely be wearing my new shirt ;):wub:;)

Cheers!

5252-6264.jpg

I think that is a good idea, somewhere low key where we can have libations and a few apps. Would we be open about the fact that they're reps or would we have to be :ph34r:

Everyone,

Bruce79 brings up a good question. I don't think anyone working in the establishment of choice would bring anything up (they want good tips), but I think that we all know all of ourselves well enough that we aren't going to be telling the barkeep "this is my 20,000 watch...whats your phone number..." (a few of you from the loony bin are too far away to drop that line :lolcina: )

My hunch is that there is no need to say anything at all, but I would like to hear from others who have had GTG's in their respective areas...

Esmarc

P.S. It would also be nice to see some names of restaurants dropped, so we can start a process of elimination...

McDonalds

Burger King

Wendy's

KFC

Sizzlers

Subway

Pizza Hut

Bodine's Rib Shack

The Greasy Spoon

Big Momma's Chicken'n'Chitlins...!

La Coupole

Is that a start..... :lol:

@Esmarc

PM dlgates, he hosted last GTG - and Demsey.. robertk, jeffg was unable to attend, that was a shame.. all in all it was most enjoyable.. and lawendamon graced as well, along with rya.. held in Escondido.. (how does one use the search button, anyway?)

:rolleyes:

@TTK.. 'top drawer'? :hollycrap: '

Life is Good!

Klink

(edited to eliminate all traces of a "senior moment"... ;)

<$100,000 Pyramid Music playing in the background>

"Things that Neil would say!!!"

<bells and whistles sound loudly>

La Coupole, Neil? The one in Paris?? Doesn't quite fit in this list, does it???

Actually, for all of it's fame, one of the most overrated places I've ever dined.

Being a Scot, Neil has an excellent grasp of 'culture' in the USA!

My vote is we hold this in Aberdeen, at a Wimpy Bar.. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Klink

Oh...and the chitlins at Big Momma's do no justice... :thumbsdown:

On a serious note Salt Creek Grille is right down the street from the Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel...

Esmarc

I'm in. Perhaps Huntington or Newport Beach?

It was only my alter ego that showed up?

Page 3:

I think it WAS you, Bob!

@robertk

you were a little transparent on that day.. :rolleyes:

ouch.. I mean to say jeffg...

oh, the humanity, a human brain

gone to rack, run and waste...

Cheers,

Klink

Newport Beach was suggested... Newport Beach Brewing Co. has free wifi, so we could bring a few laptops and toast with our comrades overseas...

Any (positive) input would be greatly appreciated!

Esmarc

:thumbsup:

Wish I could meet some of you guys, check out your collections. I'm in Northern Cali. If ever up here, send me a PM.

Im in Nor Cal aswell, maybe Northern Cali should get there own thing going. I have connections with almost every golf course in CA so if we want to meet up for a day of golf etc I can get everyone on for a cart fee only.

Just got done @ Torrey Pines North myself. Beautiful day... :thumbsup: Though I'm the only one I know of that can turn a 300 yard drive into a triple bogie :thumbsdown: My short game was atrocious today :o

@Esmarc & Schulz

Last GTG in Escondido? Happen to be there. 'Bout 1/2 way from SD & OC - little farther from LA. Brigantine has good eats, drinks, could setup some tables with a little privacy - and some damn fine looking waitresses.

brigantine.com

@gwalsh,

I am not opposed to any location, and here is the proper link for yours...Brigantine's

Two things I would like to mention; one, if it were held there last time, shouldn't it be held somewhere else? I mean, have a little variety...we ALL know about variety don't we...

Secondly, Click on the map that is on the Brigatine's link, It seems pretty even for those driving from SD or OC (myself included), but perhaps we should have a location a little more north, so we can meet some people that may not travel as far. I assume there isn't a quarterly lunch for each region, so in the spirit of the holiday, we can meet in a location that makes things "the more, the merrier" :D

Feedback is graciously appreciated :thumbsup:

Esmarc :coolio:

Edited to add: Called Brigantine's for us; On Sundays, their lounge opens at 4pm, and dinner begins at 5pm. Keep the suggestions...thank you gwalsh

By looking at this map, it appears that the area of Laguna Niguel is central from LA and SD, so with more feedback from the south, move a little more south; more feedback for the north, move a little more north. Please keep the recommendations coming with places with websites so we can all take a look.

Thanks

Esmarc

MAP

We did this in south florida and we all had a great time . Im sure you will to. Take lots of pics. Also its nice to try on lots of watches and see the one that works best for you. Good luck

This is the place we went for our lunch-in. Bad neiborhood!

@ Esmarc:

Your right about variety - the spice of life. Laguna Niguel does seem better located. How 'bout Acapulco Restaurant?

It's off Town Center Drive with good food & margaritas.

Hopefully this link is correct:

Acapulco Restaurant

How about Dana Point? Right next to Laguna Niguel, and it's on the ocean. It's also where I live. The Chart House has good food and it's on a cliff with a great view of the ocean. Highly recommended.

Now, about the date: I'm having shoulder surgery on Dec.1, so give me a few days for the Percosets to wear off.

http://www.chart-house.com/Locations/dana_point/

Some other possibilities that open earlier than 5pm.

Beach House, Harbor Grill and Wind and Sea might fill the bill - they're all in the harbor, too.

http://danapointharbor.com/Restaurants.htm

@Esmarc,

Ok,, I am In. I live in Woodland Hills, Ca...in the Valley...Except I will go anywhere the meeting is...

count me in Esmarc..

thank,

mikellem

Page 4:

wherever

whenever

sorta kinda

like like map

quest

kewl

Klink

Laff ist Gute!

:thumbsup: Enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Klink, are you in SoCal?

I'm with mikellem, I'll go where the festivities are. Newport or Laguna Niguel are both quite freeway friendly. Either will be pretty even from LA and OC, mileage-wise.

@bruce79

yes,

roger dodger

socal it is

Cheers,

Life is Good!

Klink

Everyone,

It appears that as long as we have a place to show our watches and share some stories over drinks, that everything will be fine. On that note, please be sure to post if you are interested in coming to lunch on December 4th. Thanks.

Esmarc

roger that

Klink

Count me in for December 4th. Just let us know the time and place. :D

Today I am feeling a bit rough but by the 4th I'll be rockin...I, like Klink, will be there Wherever Whenever...If we want to carpool up from SD we can. But I really would like to have as many people from LA and the surroundings as possible..My vote is Dana Point or Laguna Niguel.

Great job Steve!

and yes Kilink!

Life is good!

It looks like Dana Point or Laguna Niguel it is. I appreciate everyone, from the Guru's to the Newbies (myself included) for the input that you have given me. Please make sure that you do two more beneficial things...

1. Mark the date on your calendar, so you don't plan anything less important on that date ;)

2. Spread the word. Word of mouth, or in this case PM is better than paid advertising, so help make this a good turnout.

1. Done.

2. Will do.

Great job, Esmarc. Should be fun.

I'M NOT SHOWING UP IF THAT [censored] CYRUS ISN'T GOING.

Searches back until the beginning of the forum, and no mention of "THAT B@*$! CYRUS"...

Rya, look forward to meeting you, and please feel free to invite the aforementioned!! :ph34r:

If I don't have to work, I will be there. It will be holiday season. <_<

I'm in Arizona, but as long as it is a weekend, I'll make it. The weather is getting perfect for a nice motorcycle ride to Cali anyways. Count me in I guess. Haven't been to Dana Point in a long time.

Now is that kick a$$ or what!! See you there!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Page 5:

So how many do we have coming so far?????

You all should meet at the Panerai Boutique in LA...a bunch of people wearing replica Pams in a genuine Boutique...that would be a sight... :lolcina:

Count me in....

Salt Creek Grille will be nice, 10min from me

Total count is 12 so far Maxlove...

Please post if you are interested in attending!!!

Esmarc

I edited this post because I made a mistake on the dates :blushing: Sorry for the confusion :blushing:

Please put me on the list.

Cheers

Consider it done eunomians!

(Bump for good measure!)

Sup guys!! sorry i have been busy with work... is everything finalized yet? I might be going!!! with my rep that is still in custom in SF :( hehe, just kidding. I will wear whatever - maybe my 111. Last week I went to a Authorized Panerai dealer here in San Gabriel with my 111 and she said nice watch... hehe, then I asked for the real thing and she took it out, the sandwich dail and wow... nice... no rep can compare with the real thing. :angry: maybe i should sell my car.

buy bus passes..

oh, and we already had the GTG..

(or is that a sm syndrome?)

So, in the interest of deja vu,

let us do another one, say early in December?

**Chow

Klink

**puppy

kibbles & bits!

This Place sounds great to me.... :thumbsup:

Closer than San Diego.... B)

drat!

(my vote was for Bangor!)

Cheers,

Klink

Klink....Yer killin me!!!

Bring some goodies to sell!

Everyone!!!

:thumbsup:

Goodies are good!

Would everyone attending the RWG So-Cal meeting please PM me with your Shirt Size...I thank you and Esmarc thanks you.

Klink..your talents are needed...you will be called on for a normal (or should I say nominal) miracle.

Salt Creek Grill looks great to me! Good call Steve!

I'm in :thumbsup:

Page 6:

Thank you to all for your interest. At this point, the venue will be Salt Creek Grille, December 4th. It seems to be centrally located for those that are traveling from LA and SD. I will be making the reservation in person this weekend, and seeing about getting an out of the way area, perhaps 50/50 indoor/patio mix, for those of you who like to smell the ocean air. As Maxlove posted, there are a few surprises in store for those of you who choose to attend, and we hope that many of you, old and new (in regard to length of time as forum membership).

Please continue to post and PM me if you would like to be on the "list". Thank you for everything.

Esmarc

Yes! Surprises in store.

Let's keep this in the forefront of our SoCal Boyz!

Bump!

399.85 Miles from my house in Arizona to the Salt Creek Grille in Dana Point.... Everyone better appreciate my visit!!!! :p Who's House am I staying at? J/K

December 4th.... See you there!

bumpola

Hey Klink..did you know that you joined on my Birthday?

Well, that was second time I joined.. so must have been

your second birthday.. :rolleyes:B):lol:

Happy Birtday Belatedly to you!

:birthday: :band:

Salt Creek Grille.....good choice have been there the last time in June - visiting a friend in SoCal. I will PM Esmarc once I have figured out my schedule and flights from the Bay Area ;)

Reminder, PM me with your shirt size all who are to attend..thanks!

@Maxlove

You joined on my brothers birthday...seriously :)

just mapped the driving distance from my place to the Salt Creek Grill :)

445.9 miles...let's see if somebody can top that...are there any other fellow Bay Area RWG members joing us?

looking forward meeting all of you :):)

@ltdb,

You, my friend, have just been "topped"! We look forward to seeing you both (all) at the lunch.

@Everyone

It's not too late to attend, the distance to beat is 445.9 miles!!!

just booked my flight and rental car...so no turning back now

@esmarc: hope you get the reservation squared away ;)

looking forward to meeting you all

Hooray!

Klink

bumpity

Page 7:

Welcome Newbie Klinkster..expect a PM from Schultz on where to find the best reps available and lots of other amazing information.

Hope you'll join us in OC on the 4th.

@Maxlove:

Schulz is dead, long live Klink!

Life is Good!

Klink!

Count me in. :thumbsup:

@ Bruce79,

Consider yourself "counted" :thumbsup:

Esmarc

Well, it's settled. I made the outing to Salt Creek Grille to make the reservation for our group on December 4th, at noon. When I first arrived, a young lady seemed insistant that we reserve a room, have a preset menu, spend blah blah blah just on holding the room and the bartender, etc.

I spoke with one of the managers, and he reserved an area near the bar and two flat screen televisions. I got a chance to check out their brunch layout, and it looked very nice. So, it is done. I will post the complete address and phone number on the initial post and on the last post shortly. I hope those of you who have not yet confirmed to have lunch with us choose to do so soon.

Bump to include date, time and location :thumbsup:

Esmarc

Esmarc, so this is an "upscale dining" joint, does that mean i can't wear my jeans? or my Zorro outfit? ...lol :D

Zorro,

Wear whatever you like. When I (re)tested the place out yesterday, I wore Jeans, PAM Shirt, and PAM 192. Interesting enough, I got the most comments on my bluetooth earpiece :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing you there my friend!

@ Everyone

Scroll to the bottom of the first post and you will find the link to Salt Creek Grille!!

Yes i was checking out their site that's why i wonder about the "dress code" since it says "upscale", i got no problem wearing formal attire but we'll be there to relax no?....lol

Bluetooth? yeah i really like my Moto HS850 ;)

Zorro,

Thank you for inspecting the website closely. On the door of the establishment, it states "Gentlemen, no sleeveless shirts please". I think that everything else is open game. I did wear jeans and a t-shirt (no holes) and so did several people that I saw. Our reserved area is in the lounge, as I didn't feel like springing a few hundred bucks for a reserved room, only for them to insist that it was a $35 per person fee...

Esmarc

Been there. It's nice but casual. Most places only need a jacket with jeans to be formal. After living in So. Cal a number of times I will be sorry to miss this.

@ Esmarc

thanks, nothing like wearing comfortable jeans on a long drive.... ;)

@ Tyler

thanks for the update...

nice avatar

So how many NorCal people do we have? I would be up for a get together a little closer than SoCal.

Total distance: 7.9 Miles

Man, I'm gonna need a drink when I get there...

Page 8:

I should get some credit for atleast coming from a different state!!!

I even have to wear a helmet if I bring my bike to your state.... That deserves a drink alone!

Don't forget the gas prices over there as well.

Its gonna be a good time, can't wait.

I need to get a PAM ordered ASAP so I can have it to bring!!! Just can't find a SS I like, well I did, but its a Chrono and I have heard too many bad things about the Chrono Reps. If I don't get one ordered, or heaven forbid... if customs still has my Rollie YM (6 days so far and counting), Will someone let me borrow a watch to wear at the lunch so I can feel like a real RWGer??? I hate not being able to use smileys right now... : ) thats the best I can do.

Which model were you looking at? It'll really depend on the movment. If its a 7750 I'd stay away but if it is a Lemania I've heard they are a great movment!

Guys, post a few pics after the event. Would be great to see how good it was. I'm supposed to be in San Francisco on the 31st and the 1st (visiting family friend) on the way to Hong Kong, oh well.

Count me in. I just don't know what to wear??!!?? Pam 192 FM LV No really!!

one on each wrist

one in pocket!

Cheers,

Klink

I say, bring 'em all!!!!

Open again :Jumpy:

Thank you Mods, and BLADE for all the work with the upgrades :wink:

One on wrist=okay

One on wrist + one in pocket=dealer

:lolcina:

RWG'ers,

The "Lunch" (Luncheon sounds so..Red Hat Society) currently has 15 attendees, and December 4th draws nearer. The date will be upon us even more quickly due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I have received PM's from other members who are bringing "commemorative memorabilia" for members WHO RSVP!! Please post AND PM me to ensure your limited edition items.

There are members travelling 400+ miles, travelling from out of state, all to make this the best RWG Lunch yet. How many miles are you from the RWG Lunch? Use the link on the first post to calculate your distance. Post it on this thread for the chance to win a prize AT the Lunch!

Hey looks like so far I am in the lead as far as distance is concerned - over 400 miles :smile: flight booked rental car confirmed ;-) so don't bail on me....

Looking forward meeting you all and check out my latest beauty that I will be bringing with me ;-)

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=28957

LMFAO YOU GUYS ARE MEETING WERE MY GIRLFRIEND LIVES omfg all i gotta say is its a [censored]ing gorgeous place

Hey Shady -

WTF? You gonna make it?

Wood be good.. : )

Life is Good!

Klink

I dunno what would we do? just hang out should bring my real date just then ahah =) with my gorgeous girlfriend with her tiffany one give her one of my rollies too

Page 9:

Yup Shady..we would love to have you..If you need a ride..I go right by Oceanside on the way!

I'm a newbie from this past week. I plan to attend as well.

Now that is a nice first post!

Look forward to seeing you!

Life is Good!

Klink

could his name really be "c"apturedsoon?????

Are you guys going to steal all my watches?

Just kidding..... I can't wait to come and have a cold one with the west coast crew.... 2 weeks away!

Was thinking of another thig to maybe bring up at the lunch.... a group trip over to hongkong and GZ get like 10 members of RWG over there, now that would be a riot to watch...

Welcome rapturedsoon, look forward to meeting you at lunch.

Man I wish I could come...I'll be away that weekend. Have fun all :)

That is a shame, Brian!

I will carry the flag for you..

Be Safe, Have Fun!

Klink

Carry the flag...I always thought it was "carry the torch"

Klink you will be there as well? can't wait to meet everyone , from Esmarc to Maxlove and everyone else...

anyone close to the San Fernando Valley attending?

Kudos to BLADE for making RWG LUNCH in CALIFORNIA the first listing on the Calendar of Events after upgrading the board. I will put in a good word and see if we can send Blade "commemorative memorabilia" from our upcoming event.

To those of you that are attending, several of us will be bringing cameras to "capture the moment in time", and if you are a good photographer (or heck, have a good camera, as I know many people there have skills) please bring your camera. It is always nice to have photos from as many perspectives as possible.

It's too bad that some of our comrades from overseas won't be able to attend. I am sure Dani would use his camera to take pictures of the beautiful Dana Point women before getting on his bike and doing 180mph down PCH! Johnnyboy would have us all in stitches recalling threads from the Loony Bin. Bricktop would ensure that anyone who needed a verbal asswhopping would get one...Well...maybe next year we can have lunch in their homelands!

Too all of you who DO live close enough to attend, please DO. Great Food, Great Gifts, and making Great Friends doesn't get much better than this!! I bet if Isoroku was coming, it would up the head count by 50%!! :wink:

Hope to meet many of you soon!!!

Hey Zorro, does 'used to be' count? When I was ten, we lived in Sylmar, and I would fly balsa airplanes with Mike Love..

Oh well...

Take Care,

Klink

Bob will pick Iso up, I can't wait to see the shemale.

In fact, I'll pay for the gas bobby.

The quick edit button rocks.

This is going to be fun...and informative. I'm sure there will be plenty of watches floating around and we get to check em all out. I'll definitely have a list of must haves when I leave. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am so excited that the Doctors are worried.. they have forbidden me to leave the Geriatric Ward of the Palm Springs Tennis Club to attend the GTG.. but with the help of some old buddeies (Hogans's Heroes!) we have organized an escape!! Of course, it is complicated by the fact I need to bring my walker (mobility) and cane (offense/defense).. the good thing is that I have managed to 'secure' some extra digitalis for the occasion.. just in case.. it washes down a treat with a nice single malt!

All the Best to All

Klink

Klink,

I'll bring you a doctors note to get you back in to the home... reps of anything can be found on this here internet!!

Everyone,

MEMORABILIA count is running low...RSVP NOW...if your name isnt on the list on the first page, first post, you have NOT RSVP'd!

Esmarc

Page 10:

Hello..

Circumstances of time and locatrion have overwhelmed me.. I must convey my sincere apologies to the crew, for it now appears that, much to my chagrin, I shall be unable to attend the GTG.

This conflict in scheduling is imply because our daughter has booked us rooms at the Luxor, as she is running the Las Vegas Marathon, and our presence is indicated for this event.

It is with regret that I post this, but family does take precedence.

All the Very Best to All for a fun time at the GTG!

Life is Good!

(Should you hear strains of German Martial Music at the GTG, it will simply be the ghost band

that I have arranged!)

@Everyone,

I'm sure Klink will be missed, and I did look forward to meeting him, but that will happen soon enough. Now, has anyone seen Schulz, 'cause I heard HE is still going :rolleyes:

@Esmarc

No on ecan figure out how it happened, but the latest on Schulz is that he has been incarcerated in Spandau.. in Hess's old cell, no one know why, and no information if coming out...

Kind of a tragedy, actually, as we all know how fond he was of

schoolgirls.. and there are none of those in Spandau...

Hope for the Future!

K.

Have fun. Watch out for GAF Dragnet. :Jumpy:

Someone told me that there was an RWG get together in Dana Point on the 4th and that Klink was coming...there is a surprise with his name on it....Really disappointed if he is a no show!

Klink is indisposed.

Too bad for Klink..

missed opportunity to apply principles

of crown control..

Cheers to Maxlove,

Klink

Sorry to hear Klink that u ain't coming, I was looking forward to a few rounds of Falkensteiner Weizen klinkin' Steins...

@euno

my sorry

family first..

last GTG was super

now looks this one

has potential 2 be too much

of fun..

Klink

Hey, All.

I am scheduled to have some shoulder surgery on Dec. 1. I think it's from wearing too many Panny reps. Anyway, if I am even remotely up to attending, I shall be there. I'll be the guy in the Vicodin haze wearing a sling.

Cheers,

Steve

Only cure for vicodin haze?

" few rounds of Falkensteiner Weizen klinkin' Steins..."

Enjoy!

Klink

:lolcina: Best cure!

:beer:

:drunksing:

Vicodin Haze, in Dana Point, you'll blend right in, it's the SLING that'll give you away!!

Only a week and a half left... Dec. 4th is coming up quick!!!!! Gonna put a second on my house so I can pay for the gas in my guzzling SUV to get over there...

ARGGGHH :angry: I don't think I'm gonna make it.

I have to go to San Diego on the 4th, for my son audition.

I Guess have to wait for next GTG, and guys please post alot of pics.

Have fun guys :sad:

So with Tino and Klink out... how many of us are there?

Page 11:

ldtb, i think i'm gonna make my Thanksgiving turkey look like the one on your avatar.....lol :laugh:

5267-6262.jpg

Never thought of that!!!! Guess I will have to change it after Thanksgiving... something like a naughty Mrs. Claus or something....

Zorro,

Seems like 15 right now, so there's room for more, but I won't be disappointed if just a few show up. I expect a 66 percent show rate, and I appreciate all those who have "pulled out" now rather than just no show. Doesn't matter if its three, thirteen, or twenty-three, we will all have a good time!

Esmarc

if you shoould feel a cold draught, that would just be I,

there in spirit..

would rather be there in me cups, ectually..

Cheers,

Klink

I am commited by default since my flight is booked and the rental car is reserved, what a shame I was really looking forward meeting Klink and Tino...maybe next time...which by the way doesn't mean that I am not looking forward to meet the rest of you watchnuts ;-)

Rupert,

I announced this lunch well in advance so hopefully everyone could mark their calendars and make sure to attend. Now I am beginning to believe I may have announced it TOO far in advance, as I am getting responses like "I'll be there if nothing BETTER comes up...". I am glad that people like yourself have jumped in with both feet and committed to your attendance, and I do know a few of us that would only be prevented from attending by acts of God! Look forward to meeting you as well Rupert.

It looks like I'm at 75% sure of making it to this here AAA meeting for watch lovers. Thanks for the invite. :rolleyes:

DO you mean AA... or is this like an Auto Club meeting ??? :rolleyes:

12 hours....12 steps.... Hmmmm

and, the place we're going has a killer BAR!!!

We're all DOOMED

We admitted we were powerless over our Watch buying addiction and our lives had become unmanageable.

Came to believe that only a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity and keep our watches from geting lost in customs.

Mad a decision to turn our will and oour lives over to Klink as we understand him

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our watches and everyone elses watches too.

Admitted to God and to ourselves the exact nature of the wrong bits and pieces on our reps.

We were entirely ready to have TTK, Paul, Josh, and EL remove these defects of Panarai.

Humbly asked him to remove the trolls shortcomings.

Made a list of all watches we needed and becaome willing to pay for them all.

Made direct amends to the USPS guy we hunt down daily, except when to do so would injure us.

Continued to take our personal inventory and when we were wrong, bought something else from River.

Sought through prayer, meditation and email new channels of watch purchasing seeking to improve our conscious contact with our reputable dealers.

Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry our horological message to watchaholics and practice these principles in all our affairs.

Thanksgiving Day is over now, and Thanksgiving weekend is upon us now. Please see below...

Edited in error...see below

now

good time

to plan next

gtg..

: )

Klink

Brought a tear to my eye thanks for sharing...

Did you do the 12 days of christmass?

I know Jetmid W

Thanksgiving Day is over now, and Thanksgiving weekend is upon us now. Plenty of wives and significant others will be out shopping up a storm, trying to save as much money as possible to keep Christmas dreams alive. NOW is the perfect time to negotiate getting out of the house next Sunday! Park the car at the mall. Stand in line while your lady shops, or better yet, take that solo seat next to the dressing room and tell her that EVERYTHING looks good on her. Fill up the gas tank (gas prices ARE going down), and put your clothes in the hamper dammit!! Eat Turkey sandwiches for a day or so to conserve resources! TiVo your football games for this weekend and next, and watch them AFTER the RWG Lunch!

Make sure the house is empty when you prepare your precious timepieces for the journey to Salt Creek Grille. (Many might think you are planning to leave forever if your reps are seen packed and ready to go in a travel case!!) Plan the upcoming weeks lunches at affordable places like Del Taco and El Pollo Loco. No after work cocktails this week folks. Bring yourselves right home, and maybe bring dinner WITH you. A pit stop to pick up to go food from HER favorite restaurant, or even a sheet of Lasagna from Costco for those of you with larger families (Hey, you can check out the VC's and Breitling's while you're there). A nice glass of wine works wonders right before you say "Honey, it IS ok if I go have lunch with a few watch guys I know?"

You'll have pictures to show for yourselves when you return home, as several members are bringing cameras to capture the festivities. You'll have commemorative memorabilia that will long outlive the afternoon. You'll have networked with people from all walks of life, within a 500 mile radius, and just imagine the possibilities.

By the end of this weekend, I need to call back with a "count" of those who will be attending lunch. I don't think that it would be an issue to add another here or there, but I prefer to be prepared rather than have the phone number of the Maitre'D on my speed dial. Finalize your plans, get your kitchen passes, budget your gas money, there is just ONE WEEK LEFT!!!

After this endeavour, I will happily pass the torch to the next person who would like to orchestrate an outing. I would think that it should be after the new year, as to minimize conflicts with holiday travel.

Page 12:

all i did was tell the wife that fellow RWG members are meeting next Sunday at Dana Point and i'm there.......of course i was giving here a little love when i said that... :hug: lol

Esmarc, you and Gran should get together and have a joke telling contest.

YOU HAD BETTER SHOW, RYA!

First beer's on me buddy.

Have fun folks. I'm up here in norcal, so I can't make it.. :-(

Can't wait to see the shemale, Rya?...I'm suprised. I hear they are quite common where you are.

Indeed the quick edit button rocks.

Everyone,

Phoning in with a revised head count this afternoon. RSVP's are greatly appreciated!!

Esmarc

ATTENTION:

GTG location has been changed to the the Luxor Hotel,

Las Vegas...

(well, shucks..)

Life is Good!

Klink

Just a little info I "found"...

Sunday, December 4, 2005

New Las Vegas Marathon starts in front of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino at 6:00 am

Now Klink, if your daughter just dusts everyone and gets the win under her belt, you can still make it to the airport in time to meet us for lunch!!!

On a serious note, best of wishes to your daughter, and your family as her cheering squad. One thing I can guarantee, our shirts are going to be more limited than the ones they give out at the marathon!!!

Hey Klink;

Perhaps you can snare a helo and fly out for an hour ot two...

I'll bet you know how to fly a whirlybird...

:)

only a huey.. hawks need two pilots..

thank you all fo rthe good wishes,

much appreciated..

looking forward to the next GTG

the last one was most enjoyable, and

this one looks to be as well.

Cheers,

K.

Last one sure was. This one will be as well!

Hope to see you soon, Klink!

The Ritz Carlton in Laguna Niguel is still accepting room reservations for you out of towners!!!

Countdown to RWG So Cal Lunch has officially begun!

You need one of those cool digital countdown clocks with the red numbers.

Like the evil lair self-destruct clocks in the Bond flicks.

Funny thing you mention that Trunk, you think I didnt already try to GET one...

my friend Iso......we talk by pm every day.....when she found out i was a tennis player.....she sent me this pic of herself in her tennis outfit..... :wub:

Page 13:

:happy:

Hi Johnny!

I think that's the first G-rated pic you've posted in a long time! :laugh: :lolcina: :laugh:

I'm glad you made it count! :hug:

When is Bob going to pick me up? :happy:

iso i will pick you up......let's crash this party :devil: :drunksing: :drunksing: :drunksing:

Yeah...good idea!!! I like it! :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana: :gun_bandana:

Have there ever been any Chicago/Midwest RWG meetings? Anyone have any interest in such a thing?

Hi Iso, haven't seen u in a while...

Come and crash it, I dare you! :hug:

Johnnyboy said he would come pick me up..... :happy:

Come on now... no Hijacking the thread.... you can only talk about the SO CAL meeting here... :Jumpy:

Just kidding Iso...

Anyone know a good place to stay in Dana Point... especially someplace cheap... I know thats a stupid question!

Just drive towards Irvine and you should be able to get a room for like $50 or so ;-)

Just drive towards Irvine and you should be able to get a room for like $50 or so ;-)

Page 14:

Sorry...All kidding aside, Esmarc's right. The Disneyland area of Anaheim is your best bet for a reasonably priced hotel (based on the volume of rooms available).

No apology necessary. I'd actually like to thank you publicly for passing the word on to someone else who might attend. Look forward to meeting you Sunday.

Esmarc

Sounds like a sting operation to me. Watch your backs and your watches :ablow: LOL

Ok, I'll be a little less vague. Avitt, I'd like to thank you for inviting a non dealer horlogical supplier not affiliated with law enforcement, FBI, CIA, ATF, or GAF. There, feel better now...:wink:

5 Days and counting...

Watchout if somebody wearing this watch:

5273-6260.jpg

That's one great pic, man! Cheers :beer:

Great Photograph! Wish you were having lunch with us.

I just read this post and I thought "Hey, that's the dude that is driving 400 miles to come to lunch."

ldtp, Nice job! (Didn't want to start a thread, but wanted to make sure this good deed did not go unnoticed!)

see the smilie (gatecrasher at the GTG):

5273-6261.gif

Life is Good!

Klink

3 Days Left...

hm? what to wear? My Omega? My Omega? or my other Omega? Rollie is still in transit... :sad:

For all members attending the lunch,

The manager that "arranged" our seating area, and ensured we will have great seats (between the two flat screen tv's) just had a baby girl. His name is Dimitri. If you get a chance to say hello to this gentleman, make sure you congratulate him on the birth of his daughter.

It's Friday...have you shined up all your watches yet ?

Don't any of you go to bed at a reasonable time? 1 day left!!!!!!

This is turning out to be a great event. I hate that my flight doesn't get in until Monday afternoon.

so what's the latest attendee list, I am all psyched about meeting you all and have already cleaned and packed my watches...looking forward to seeing you in Dana Point on Sunday.....:-)

never mind the attendee list I have just seen that the latest update on page 1 of the post was just updated :comp2:

Page 15:

Would someone PLEASE pack an MBW DRSD? This is the one that I've got under my skin right now...

Alright guys, I leave in the morning to head over... I got a room in DP for 75$ through priceline at the Doubletree - just 3 miles away! Esmarc... I am bringing an old firend along, so count me as two, he saw my watch and was surprised at the price so I figured I would bring him along, what a better way to join RWG. If anyone is near Dana Point and wants to have a beer tomorrow night let me know! See you all at the meeting.

Oh yeah.... Klink is coming now also!!!!! Sad to hear he can't make it to see his daughter race, but our lunch will be better!

S**t ... , If that was 20 years earlier (.... University student near there then) , I would have joined.

Now is a bit too far.

see you all there

Guys, i hope you all have a great time :drunksing: wish we all could join you.....Esmarc great work in making this idea into a reality :thumbsupsmileyanim:

can't wait to hear about the gtg and some of the stories from what I hope will be a fantastic day

ENJOY :band: :band: :band:

:drunksing: :drunksing:

JF.

I hope some bring their watch tools, some of us may need some adjustments like sizing a bracelet or simply may want to open up our wtaches to have a peek insisde....tia. :worshippy:

Zorro,

I'll be giving you a bracelet sizing tool at lunch. I sized my first watch, and wondered why in the hell was I paying 10 to 20 bucks for others to do it. I can show you how to use it, but I'm pretty sure the veterans will have pointers for us all.

Thanks Esmarc, yes it's $20 everytime, can get expensive after five watches, sometimes the watch gets back with small scrathces as well, why can't they treat our timepieces with a little more love...

You're welcome Zorro. Now, about those phone ringtones...

I'm afraid you can only set them off by putting your phone on silent...

Well, it's halftime, USC is kicking UCLA's ass, and I just got a call from Salt Creek Grille, confirming our reservation for tomorrow.

It is less than 24 hours before the So Cal Event...

Indeed:

Life is Good!

Hey, what doo you guys think? I am going to some salty creek drill at the Dan Point

(why he is pointing, I hav enot figured out yet).

But as it was ordered by Herr Esmarc, it simply has to be so.

Look forward to breathing yet another day, (touch wood)

Life is Good!

Klink

So...it is official

Klink is going

Life is good!

Well evryone I made it! I am here in Dana Point... gonna go grab a bite to eat, some place called the renessaince... blues bar? I have no idea. I will be on latr tonight, as long as I haven't had too many drinks!

Welcome to So Cal, no worries if you have a hangover tomorrow we'll fix you right up with another drink... :beer:

Page 16:

I think we might get lucky... salt creek is just down the road... I think my laptop will get internet access there from the hotel still... We can post a nice hello to the forum during the lunch possibly!

maybe post some pics?

Life is Good!

Klink

no condition to do much - surgery went well but some pain - typing 1-handed. drag. have fun.

good to hear surgery ok.. and will miss you, there will

be more gtg's..

Take Care of Yourself!!!

Life is Good,

Klink

@stephenrom

Feel better, glad the surgery went well. As Klink said, there will be more gtg's.

@ldtb

Glad you made it into Dana Point safely. Have fun tonight, and Zorro's right about getting you another...

Edited to add... P.S.: Possible mystery guest ?

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

1 Members: Esmarc

my flight leaves in about 12 hours, watches are packed and ready to go, I will bring 10 watches.....wonder what the security guys at the airport might think/say ;-)

see you for lunch in SoCal :Jumpy:

wow 10? makes me embarrased to take my measly three..... :sad:

Schultes, hope you're bringing your LV and GMT you just got, my GMT MASTER II didn't make it on time, still in route...

Measly three? Come on now Zorro...Three high quality reps. Be Proud. I'll be wearing my PAM, and showing very nice pieces I have acquired. This time next year I'll be proud of the movements, but this time around , I'm just proud to know what a movement IS. I'm bringing a few Seiko's to fill the box, so you should have nothing to be embarassed about...I'll even bring my vintage G-Shock if it makes you feel better :rolleyes:

True Esmarc, and besides it will be fun just to hang out and meet everyone and see all those great timepieces......

on my way back i'm stopping by Acetimer to buy me a "watchcase" for 10, at the rate i'm going i hope to have it filled by the next meeting .... :wink:

Zorro,

I got this watch travel case on EBay for $2.85. Seriously. It'll do the trick for travel, and I don't really care if I scratch the outside. You can check it out tomorrow. It holds 12 reps, I mean, 12 watches...

$2.85? :ohmy: wow, got linky?

Zorro...I checked my history...and I lied...it was $2.84 (plus shipping)

Watch Briefcase Here

This is the same case, from the same seller.

P.S.: The case doesn't lock like the one in the photo, but for the cost, I'm not complaining or sending it back.

wow, it's on sale for .99 cents...lol now when you include shipping it's still a bargain...

that is a nice one and for the price you can't beat it, thanks alot Esmarc. 5291-6259.gif

Well,

Count me in for sure. See you guys tomorrow!

Zorro (and anyone else who is interested)

Those cases are ALWAYS on sale from this dealer, so don't bid against each other...they are there EVERY DAY.

Edited to add: See you tomorrow Goofy!

Page 17:

Got it.....

Hi Goofy, we'll see you there...

sorry folks, didn't mean to show off and as Esmarc said no reason to be embarrased and yes I will be bringing all the watches that I have posted in the picture galleries recently + some more ;-)

Hope somebody has a PAM127 newest version I am thinking about buying one and would like to see first if it is too big for my wrist.....

rschultes,

No need for apology. I am VERY pleased that you are kind enough to bring as many watches as you are. In my opinion, it is the best way for a new enthusiast such as myself to learn.

Edited to add: I told Zorro I was bringing 10 watches as well, 5 reps, and 5 gifts...(bringing the gifts for display purposes...just to fill the case)

great it is settled than, I will bring as many as I possibly can carry ;-)

see you tomorrow....

Tomorrow it is! 13.5 hours left

I can't wait, and I am only a mile away now!

To all: Please bring as many reps as you can. There will be so many to see. Can't wait.

Bruce...

You mean you don't want to see my Seikos? After I got my PAM, neither do I. But I'll be bringing some...replica Seikos for your enjoyment...yeah, they are reps!

12 Hours until lunch, I think I'll go to sleep about three...working on more "memorabilia"

Well... after 6 Jack and cokes at a fantastic blues bar here in Dana Point... I think it is time for bed... been playing Yeti sports for the last hour... See you all in the morning!

good to hear you had a good start, see ya...

@Esmarc

I just checked out those watch cases and shipping to Australia is $50 USD or a little over $66 AUD :ohmy:

That knocks me out of the equation :sad:

Ken

HAve some fun guys... and please take some pics... :drunksing:

Greetz Thor

It would be awesome to meet fellow RWGers, check out the largest collection in North America and have a few cool ones. :beer:

Have a great time everyone! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I second Thor-please post many pics!

Jet

@ Everyone interested in seeing pics,

Maxlove is bringing the mother of all memory chips(2g) to take photos of the event today. I think that should cover it. I think that other members may bring cameras, and I urge everyone to post their pictures on this thread, to make it easier for everyone to find them.

P.S. Skip Breakfast! Brunch at Salt Creek Grille kicks ass!

Please do bring all of them, can't wait to see your LV and GMT MASTERII black/red.....

Good brunch? yummy....5292-6258.gif

Page 18:

Can't wait to see pics of the watches!!!!!!!!!

I'm off for the Grille. I'll be the guy in the Panerai Shirt :wink:

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you all at the very last moment that I will reluctantly be MIA for the meet due to unforseen circumstances (nothing bad, mind you, but something did come up family-holiday-wise). I am sure that I am missing out on a wonderful afternoon.

Best regards to all!

...Wish I could be there sucking down cold ones, one after the other! :beer:

Just got done with the lunch, found a quick connection... It was a blast...Klink is insane! Thanks for a great time guys, will catch up when I got home.

pics please :Jumpy:

Great day and had a blast! Thanks to Esmarc for setting this up and all the goodies from Esmarc and Maxlove. Listened to the CD on the way home and it was all about time. Good tunes. We really need to do this again. It was real nice putting faces to names and Klink hasn't changed a bit from his pic.

Sorry I missed you guys. Just got home from SD.

Drat.

Glad you had fun...

Pics yet, anyone??

Well the amazing SO-CAL RWG GTG has come and gone..a great time was had by all..amazing people, amazing watches and loads of fun. It was awesome meeting every one and thanks to Esmarc for putting it together. Klink is Good! The bad news is that only a few pics were taken because we were so engrossed in seeing all the stuff and talking watch trash....All of those who were no shows...yoou missed a great event. ldtb...Drive safe! More to follow!!! Thank you all for being so gracious to my son. He now has a Pannie jones...Uh do they make boy's sizes dad? What other 9 year old do you know that wants a 196 and a President for Christmas. Santa is good!!

To all my new friends,

It doesn't matter if you were at the RWG Lunch or not, friendship is what the board means to me. For all of you that came to the lunch, it was great to put faces to all of the names. For those of you who were unable to make it, due to previous engagements or distance issues, you were all (well, almost all) missed. I hope that all of you who were unable to attend hear nothing but good things from all of us who did. Of course there will be another GTG, in So Cal and around the globe (I just won't be spearheading the next event). From the posts and threads, to the meeting of local (and some not so local) friends, the comraderie is what made this event, and all past and future events something to look forward to. All the best to all those RWG.

"Jetmid" is my Homeboy!

your son will be the biggest baller at his elementary school

Evedently he already is...2 young girls are swooning daily. But Thanks...He already has a Sub and a Daytona...I've created a monster! OMG!!!

Max and his Daytona are both very very cool. He's got a Daytona and I don't! What a great son! Polite, well mannered, conversational, and the best photographer of the group! You'll see his pictures posted I'm sure, after a long process of conversion to jpg format. Maxlove, I am glad that your son was able to make the excursion with you. It was my pleasure to meet you both. Thanks again, for everything that you did to make this event a great success.

Esmar, thanks very much for putting together such a great meeting, you were such a great host to all of us but most importantly a good friend....thanks again.

5293-6257.gif

It was also a pleasure to meet everyone that showed up, thanks everyone for sharing your timepieces with all of us, in the end Rschultes showed up with his awesome collection.

To Maxlove, thanks so much for the t-shirts, your son Max had the nicest Sub of all...... :smile:

Klink, you're a gentleman and a scholar, it was a great pleasure to meet the legend.... :worshippy:

Pictures edited out: pending authorization from parties.

Pssst....Zorro.... Don't tell anyone I'm Black. :wink:

You might hear...Nice Rolex, is it real?

I might hear...Nice Rolex, is it hot?

Had a great time everyone! Thanks again!

Page 19:

Esmarc,

Let me add my thanks for a truly pleasurable event. Anne and I had a great time. (We'd probably even drive more than 7 miles for the next one :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

There are some great people on this forum...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I would love to have a southeastern lunch or dinner one day, but I don't know if I am up for the challenge of putting that together. I have to say great photos from Zorro and you all look nothing like what I expected, well I don't really know what the hell I expected......I did expect Esmarc's breasts to be bigger! :happy:

Excellent job to Esmarc, you deserve a hand. I think it is a great thing you set up and I do hope that others follow your lead. Maybe one day there could be a convention in Vegas or something.

Just glad to see you guys had a good time!

Avitt it was a pleasure to meet you and Anne, nice collection by the way....

@ roeod4

what we're you expecting, mask and all?... :laugh:

like i said, we're alot more handsome in person, sorry about the picture quality.....lol

BTW, i think we should start a "what do you look like" thread....

@Esmarc: Great T-shirt. :laugh:

Nice pics. Thanks.

Oh, HELL no! Then nobody will respond to my posts!

i think you should start it..... :wink:

Yeah...what Zorro said...

I'm a cross between Tyrese and Denzel Washington...

Yeah...thats my name...Tyrese Washington :rolleyes:

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about having my picture on a website that deals with what is technically an illegal activity. It kinda makes me think about all those people posting pics of themselves smoking pot. Maybe I am just paranoid though.

If there ever is a southeastern lunch, maybe........

Exactly, here's another shot of Esmarc : 5295-6255.jpg

and another of me : 5295-6256.jpg

Good Point Roeod, Things will be up for a while, and then we'll take them down...no need for them to be there forever...

Esmarc (um...I mean Tyrese Washington) :coolio:

Edited to add: Gotta love Zorro's post above!

You know i thought of that also, i wanted to get an ok before i posted them, i just wanted to share, they won't be up for long...

I'm glad you could make it [censored].

Thanks for the pictures. I hope you all had a lovely time!

This is very true. I guess for now you could just think of me a Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys, but with gray hair.

Great to hear you all had a great time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I didn't see the pics! They had not been posted by the time I went to bed last night... and had been taken down by the time I woke up.

Page 20:

Esmarc,

Let me add my thanks for a truly pleasurable event. Anne and I had a great time. (We'd probably even drive more than 7 miles for the next one :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

There are some great people on this forum...

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I would love to have a southeastern lunch or dinner one day, but I don't know if I am up for the challenge of putting that together. I have to say great photos from Zorro and you all look nothing like what I expected, well I don't really know what the hell I expected......I did expect Esmarc's breasts to be bigger! :happy:

Excellent job to Esmarc, you deserve a hand. I think it is a great thing you set up and I do hope that others follow your lead. Maybe one day there could be a convention in Vegas or something.

Just glad to see you guys had a good time!

Avitt it was a pleasure to meet you and Anne, nice collection by the way....

@ roeod4

what we're you expecting, mask and all?... :laugh:

like i said, we're alot more handsome in person, sorry about the picture quality.....lol

BTW, i think we should start a "what do you look like" thread....

@Esmarc: Great T-shirt. :laugh:

Nice pics. Thanks.

Oh, HELL no! Then nobody will respond to my posts!

i think you should start it..... :wink:

Yeah...what Zorro said...

I'm a cross between Tyrese and Denzel Washington...

Yeah...thats my name...Tyrese Washington :rolleyes:

Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about having my picture on a website that deals with what is technically an illegal activity. It kinda makes me think about all those people posting pics of themselves smoking pot. Maybe I am just paranoid though.

If there ever is a southeastern lunch, maybe........

Exactly, here's another shot of Esmarc : 5296-6253.jpg

and another of me : 5296-6254.jpg

Good Point Roeod, Things will be up for a while, and then we'll take them down...no need for them to be there forever...

Esmarc (um...I mean Tyrese Washington) :coolio:

Edited to add: Gotta love Zorro's post above!

You know i thought of that also, i wanted to get an ok before i posted them, i just wanted to share, they won't be up for long...

I'm glad you could make it [censored].

Thanks for the pictures. I hope you all had a lovely time!

This is very true. I guess for now you could just think of me a Kiefer Sutherland in Lost Boys, but with gray hair.

Great to hear you all had a great time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I didn't see the pics! They had not been posted by the time I went to bed last night... and had been taken down by the time I woke up.

Page 21:

PIX!

PIX!

PIX!

lets see some

PIX!

ditto

ditto

ditto!

(please?)

Life is Good!

Klinki

wow that sounds like fun. how many rwg members attended?

Did I hear that Esmarc was black??? Thats crazy talk maxlove....

Hey what to do you call a black man flying a plane???

Anyone?

Jetmid... 757 care to input?

A pilot you racist!!!!

PICTURES.............................please :smile:

bumpity bump

k

C'mon guys - it's not nice... Show some pics - PLEASE :Jumpy:

I had a blast despite the fact that I arrived way late and I think I missed some folks. It was an absolute pleasure meeting all of you and thanks again for the t-shirt, CD, setting the GTG up and in general the great company that all of you have been. It is great to meet fellow watch enthusiast and I hope I might be able to have a "replica" :-) of the SoCal GTG here in the Bay Area in January.

I would also be curious to see some pics of what I missed before I arrived there.

cheers and hope to meet all of you in a future GTG again....guess by than all of our collections will have grown significantly.

happy collecting and see you soon :-)

the pics were up for at least 30 seconds - too bad no one saw them

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, if we have one next year i'll make sure to take plenty more... :wink:

Nice... looks like a geat time. I wish I could have been there.

Any female collectors present?

5297-6252.jpg

Thanks for the pics :smile:

I still [censored] off that I couldn't make it. :sad:

Feeble excuse number 1: I was so enthralled at meeting people and looking at all the BEAUTIFUL watches that I spaced on the photos and only shot two! My Bad!! Thanks for the rescue Zorro!

I was on the organizational team. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks again to all those who came out!

Page 22:

Love the Jetmid shirts, LOL.

Thanks guy's, it just a shame it was a wee bit to far for me to travel, would have loved to be there.

Ken

Oooh, first time I got to see Klink's picture. Does he really talk like he writes?

Klink, you DO look like my grandfather did when he was still alive :)

SO bummed I missed this.

You rock, esmarc. Next one for sure!!!

A few "Jetmid is my Homeboy" shirts left...proceeds to buy Max's (Maxlove's son) next rep...PM for Details

It looks like a great time. I hope someday I can make it.

@Slayer...

migod, I never knew you had such a handsome grandfather!

You make me feel good, do you!

All the very best to you,

von Klink

Life is Good!

one question, when is the next meet?

Not sure if Esmarc remembers during the meet, i had mentioned doing one during the summer, maybe he'll be up to organizing that one as well... :headsetsmiley:

I remember nothing :huh:

Seriously, I'm glad that everyone feels the lunch was a success. I would think that someone else might like to "host" the next event, and spring sounds great... If no one steps up to the plate, then perhaps I might consider hosting...

Any takers?

Spring time is a good idea!

Klinkster,

You look EXACTLY like my father-in-law.

Too bad, too.... I HATE my father-in-law.

5298-6251.gif

@bres3000:

Heck, don't hold that against the guy, I am easy to hate too!

: )

All the best to you,

Klink

Life is Good!

I wish more pictures would have been taken while I was there.... alas I will have to remain anonymous for now. Great pics guys. I am guilty of not taking any as well, the only ones I got were of maxlove's collection.

Page 23:

well, next time I arrrive on time and will take some pics...:-)

Sounds like a plan... it is a shame we didn't get to meet.

Well, I definitely missed Dec 4th, but I'll be in L.A. tonight!

HAHA! They allow you in California?

hee hee. Only when I'm drunk!

i'm new to the site and noticed that you have lunches in So CA? What do you do at these lunches, other than eat of course? Are you planning another one?

Thanks!

Tink

We discuss one thing....Jetmid

oh yeah and the GGG thread

Very interesting to awake this morning and see this old thread brought back to life. For all those who would be interested in attending the 2nd Jetmid Social Gathering, let me (and the rest of the board) know by posting here...

I'm in.

It would be nice to see everyone again, this time i'm taking more pictures...

I'd be there again, no question.

Four in, without a doubt. Has anyone heard from our friend Maxlove?

Last i heard of him is last time we talked Esmarc, i really hope his doing good..prayers for him.

Does this mean I have to dance on the tables? :lolcina:

I'm not that kinda girl..... :whistle:

Well.... not without the proper amount of :beer: and I have to be :drunksing:

might have to fly up for this one.......................... :devil:

Page 24:

I see how you are Johnnyboy, A luncheon with a bunch of guys (which some wonderful ladies showed up to) was no bueno, but dancing on the table and you're all there...

You owe me a drink (make it a double) :wink:

Missed the 1st one. I'd be into attending thee 2nd meet. Ahh, the infamous Euno, drinkin' freely with Jetmid lovers! What could be better?

Cheers gentlemen!

Wait.... No ladies danced on the tables at the last one? :blink:

Hmmmmmmm........

What to do, what to do...... To dance or not to dance! :coolio:

Johnny, you said it was part of being a :newbie: !

Since there aren't too many of us in Utah, I wouldn't mind a trip to sunny SoCal. I'd like to see how the other half lives!

RWG'ers, TRC'ers, and WT'ers (in no particular order I may add...)

I am beginning to entertain the idea of hosting a second RWG Lunch (Luncheon sounds too formal). Last time, we had people who flew in for the event, people who drove 400 miles, and many people who didn't make it wished they had (or so I'd like to think). For those who attended the first meet, you know that a lot of thought was put into making the event happen. I would love to see this second event be even bigger and better than the first. I'd like to take a call for all those interested. I have chosen a date, but I'll throw that out there with the new post...

So, here's who's shown interest, add your name to the list by posting here, and stay tuned for an upcoming announcement!

PM someone you know who should go to this upcoming event, spread the interest, spread the word...

Maxlove & Max

Trunk21

Zorro

Avitt & Spouse

Goofy

Tinkerbell9 :wub:

Johnnyboy :devil:

Eunomians

Coascender

Klinkster

Stephenrom

Porschespeedster

Tino

RSchultes

Bruce79

RapturedSoon & Spouse

Ldtb

Cdigi

SpeedRacerX

RJBoxster

Mikkellem

Yours Truly,

Anyone heard from the Klinster? hope he will join us again as well as Maxlove and son....

Count me and Max in...I am feeling much better for the last week.

an rwg gtg in so cal?`

k

Glad to see you BACK!

and feeling better !!!

I'll be able to bring some of my vintage pieces this time. It'll be a hoot. :Jumpy: This is great not only for us, but good for the board.

with that, I formally pass out sunglasses, prior to throwing my hat in the ring!

Thank you Goofy - now I am excited!! Hope to pick your brains next we meet.

Cheers,

Klink

Life is Good!

Good luck with that Klink! To quote Curly, "I'm trying to think, but nuthin' happened". Hard to pick something that ain't there! :rolleyes:

yeah, but unlike the resta yooz

I ain't threatened by head lice!

Ya know, it is a puzzle.. we all born with same amount testosterone...

why sum peeples waste it on hair I don't know!

Life is Good!

Klink

Tink is my date to the gtg............. :hug:

I am absolutely there this time. Missed a great time on the last one. Won't happen again.

And yes, Tubbs does/can speak for me!!!!

Esmarc, you are the Man for going at this again. Let me know if you need any help...

Trunk

Page 25:

I missed the last one because of some shoulder surgery. I live less than five miles from where the last one was. If I'm in town...I'm down. Looking forward to it. Any dates or places suggested yet?

Oh, and I'm lookin' for a DW and I'm bringin' CASH.

whats a DW,

anything like a DWI?

Klink

Life is Good!

:hug: Sure thing Johnnyboy! :wub:

Johnnyboy,

I'll contact you with the date and location in advance, so you can arrange for...accomodations :devil:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm accomodations :rolleyes:

im interested, i live in oc.

Beck Spyder 550S... Speedster sweet ride..

Life is Good!

Klink

Getting the "hook up", huh? :wink:

Tink :wub:

Well, I think the GTG should have a new venue. The proprietors of Salt Creek Grille were very open to our gathering, but I would like to try another venue. I would like to start a location inquiry, so the location can be relatively equidistant for many attendees. Lets hear where you're coming from and we can figure out where we are going to.

How does the weekend AFTER Easter Sunday sound? April 23rd. Start posting. Lets get some feedback.

Count me on, hope I'll make it this time. I got lots of pam for sale too.

Let's see. I'm comming from Salt Lake City so equidistant would be.......hmmmmm..........VEGAS BABY!

I'll bring my DW (but she ain't for sale :cool: )

Cheers

Hopefully I'll be there to drink you all under the table and woo you with some of my fine safe queens :beer:

OK, Vegas is out unless MovingShadows is going to be DJing there (wouldn't that be a riot)!

I never need a reason to go out on dining excursions, so I'll begin the search and let you all know what I find.

As long as my schedule at work allows, I'm in. I usually work Sundays but if I have the date far enough in advance, I should be able to attend. :smile:

Anytime in May works for me (I'm away for much of April.)