When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking for new travel case

fotoman

my watchboys travel case zipper sucks so bad you can hardly open it.

but, i think i need something i can put my AP ROO in so - laying the watches flat wont work anymore

was looking at this panatime one

anyone else have good suggestions - probably need capacity in the 3-6 range (wife takes watches to)

http://www.panatime.com/blletrcafor4.html

yhst-87306363192469_2015_23043832.jpg

If the zipper suck, you may use candle to rub on the zip line. (sorry I don't know what it called)

My mom used to tell me to rub the candle along the zipper when it struck.

You should do it both side, it will work as dry lubricant !!! But don't do it with watch, hahaaaaa....

Good luck

If you prefer function over form, then I recommend one of these Cordura nylon cases, from the Military Watch Forum. They are lightweight, very protective, and pack very well (nice and flat, don't take up much space). They close with velcro, so no zippers. Come in 4, 6 or 8 watch configurations. I've got this 8:

8pak.jpg

• 1 month later...
If you prefer function over form, then I recommend one of these Cordura nylon cases, from the Military Watch Forum. They are lightweight, very protective, and pack very well (nice and flat, don't take up much space). They close with velcro, so no zippers. Come in 4, 6 or 8 watch configurations. I've got this 8:

8pak.jpg

These are almost impossible to buy if you're in the EU- very annoying. Paypal not accepted for non us accounts and credit card payments not secure.

Very annoying as I'd like to buy one.

Ok. Don't make fun of me for this, but the cheapest and still quite protective way of carrying watches is with a tube sock. Many of those flat case designs, e.g. the military velcro one, is that the caseback will always be getting scratched by the bracelet. It'll work well for leather bands, though. So what I do is:

Take the "toe" of the sock and put it through the middle of the watch (where your wrist goes). Keep hold of the toe and take the ankle part (where you stick your foot into) and turn it inside out to fully cover the watch, so the toe protects case back and the "heel" part of the sock is wrapped around the head, so crystal/case/bracelet is all protected. You can then use the part you just pulled over the first watch to go through the bracelet of a second, and wrap that over. Repeat until you run out of sock. A normal ankle-length sock can hold 3 watches easily.

Don't make fun of me too much. It works well, especially if you're not running your suitcase over with a truck.

Ok. Don't make fun of me for this, but the cheapest and still quite protective way of carrying watches is with a tube sock. Many of those flat case designs, e.g. the military velcro one, is that the caseback will always be getting scratched by the bracelet. It'll work well for leather bands, though. So what I do is:

Take the "toe" of the sock and put it through the middle of the watch (where your wrist goes). Keep hold of the toe and take the ankle part (where you stick your foot into) and turn it inside out to fully cover the watch, so the toe protects case back and the "heel" part of the sock is wrapped around the head, so crystal/case/bracelet is all protected. You can then use the part you just pulled over the first watch to go through the bracelet of a second, and wrap that over. Repeat until you run out of sock. A normal ankle-length sock can hold 3 watches easily.

Don't make fun of me too much. It works well, especially if you're not running your suitcase over with a truck.

Can't make fun of you on this as I've done the same several times on my travels. I know there are high quality travel cases out there, but when you just take one extra watch it never made sense to have a case for it. So I've always used your method and, so far, it has kept all my watches safe.