When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your opinions requested on this rep

lardlad

As a fairly recent newcomer to rep watches, I'm considering making this watch my first purchase. It's difficult to tell from the pics and from

a site in general about the quality of any watch. I've been reading through these forums (too much the wife says) to get some knowledge

and learn from the experience of the other members.

If anyone has any advice about this particular replica or this dealer, please let me know. I really like this watch and haven't found this configuration

(with the leather strap and orange stitching) very often.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

http://www.exactreplicas.com/omega-seamast...r-pr-20613.html

I can't tell you what to do with your money, but that site wouldn't get my money. We have great dealers here on the forum, why not use one of them? Use the search tool, do some reading, then approach one of the dealers. You'll come out much better than the crap on exactreplicas. There is NO such thing as an EXACT replica. They all have flaws and for some of us that is part of the hobby.

Lardlad:

hopefully I'm not being too basic, but what you're looking for is an Omega Planet Ocean chrono....it is also available in the non chrono version in either 42.5 or 45 mm. If you pursue the chrono version you will get an asian 7750 movement. Check whether it is the 21.6 or the 28.8 version. You want the 28.8 one. In the non chrono version you can go from asian 21j to swiss ETA movement and the price will reflect your choice. You will also have a choice of black or orange bezel.

Look around and check the dealer section....if they have a catalogue there generally will be pricing. But the golden rule here is "first choose the dealer...then choose the watch" Your enjoyment of this hobby will be dependent on the dealer(s) you use. As you explore the site you'll see a section for dealer reviews...READ THEM.

Finally, the Planet Oceans come up fair frequently in the member's sales area. If your patient you can buy a preowned watch and save a few bucks (of course if this is your first rep, waiting is not the easiest thing in the world)......and keep reading.

BTW welcome

Lardlad....Check out WBK, he has these pretty cheap (non-working chrono's). If you want working chrono's - Buckeye is 100% correct

Planet Oceans come up fair frequently in the member's sales area. If your patient you can buy a preowned watch and save a few bucks (of course if this is your first rep, waiting is not the easiest thing in the world)......

And if you cant wait.....please look at the dealers here, it will save you alot of hassle and more than likely a buncha $$$..

Lastly, WELCOME.....I love coming here. I hope you do to.

It is not easy to offer any better advice than you have heard from above. The dealers listed here are about the best you will find and welcome to the forum.

Thanks to all for your forthright replies. This is exactly the information I was looking for. I appreciate your patience when I'm sure you seen all

of this many times. You saved me some money and also some embarassment.

None of your replies were too "basic", I am just getting into this hobby and any intro advice/info you want to give- fire away.

I've been reading a lot on the sites and see names like Sead, Ruby and Angus, a little hard to find things sometimes but I'm willing to do

my homework.

Thanks again and also for not going the "sure it looks great, go for it, I'm sure you'll love it." I was told this was a reputable forum and now I

know it be just that.

Jim