When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kit List

TeeJay

With all that gear now your going to need a camper van with trailer to carry it all.

On the contrary, it all goes in the vest easily, and is remarkably light to carry :) No issue of mobility at all :)

Stargate movie !!!! Suncream !!!! YOUR GOING CAMPING FOR 2 DAYS in winter.

No, I'm just assembling a kit for use should I go camping when the weather improves, and should I wind up getting locked in on an investigation (It nearly happened once, and then I didn't have anything with me other than the clothes I stood up in. I will not be in such a situation again due to lack of equipment ;) )

Plus a small sharp skinner type knife - I have a Stanley knife...

Waterproofs - Check: Four water proof ponchs B)

Compass - Check: I have two

Fish hooks & line

- Awesome suggestions, I'll definitely add those B)

Snare wire

Candle - I have battery and chemical glow sticks... Would a candle be of another use?

Matches + Lighters - Check: Water/windproof matches & Butane blowtorch lighter

Condoms - Check: I have several in the pleasure chest I mean first aid kit :lol:

& whatever luxuries you can be bothered carrying

A candle can be handy for starting a campfire, emergency light, and in a closed space can keep you from freezing to death.

Ahh, so beneficial from radiant heat, as opposed to radiant light :)

Waterproofing matches

greasing snare traps (odourlessly)

the list goes on

Kit is one thing, knowledge another.

Thanks for the explanations :) As mentioned, I was in the Scouts when I was younger, but we never did much in the way of true 'survival' camping, and my goal is to build a kit which would be useful in those conditions, rather than for 'everyday camping' where other supplies and equipment are to hand :)

In that case case.....

START WITH ONE OF THESE

golok.jpg

Single most important item!

Axe

Machette

Hammer

Spade

Shovel

Crowbar

all in one (nothing else compares)

I'll try and track one down, although I have a hunch it might be hard to get one shipped... Out of curiosity, do you have any experience with the 'CIA letter openers'? They're marketed as being multi-purpose, rather than just a sneaky way of getting a blade on a plane, but I wondered how durable/versatile they might actually be...

No problem with shipping to you

UK made and marketed by Martindales in the UK (Golok Knife)

The plastic knives are outside the remit of what youre discussing (OK if you want to sneak thru a X-ray and plunge someone). And I understand are illegal in Nannyland too (what isnt?)

Edit......

http://www.heinnie.com/search.asp?s=fc2xx6...p;submit=Search

There ya go you spoon fed survivalist you ;-)

Edited by narikaa

No problem with shipping to you

UK made and marketed by Martindales in the UK (Golok Knife)

Fantastic, that'll definitely be going on my list :)

The plastic knives are outside the remit of what youre discussing (OK if you want to sneak thru a X-ray and plunge someone). And I understand are illegal in Nannyland too (what isnt?)

Ahh, so despite them being advertised as multi-purpose, they're really only good for chivving someone? I was quite impressed with one site's description, saying that they were durable enough to be hammered through a board, so figured it could've been quite useful. Oh well, I'll cross that one off the 'to buy' list :lol:

Edit......

http://www.heinnie.com/search.asp?s=fc2xx6...p;submit=Search

There ya go you spoon fed survivalist you ;-)

Thanks for the link :good: You know what they say, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail..." I figure where better than to get good information from folks well and truly 'in the know' than here :)