When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PP Aquanaut

jeff g

Not only are the gens superbly made, but they have CLASSIC beauty.

Precisely this is why I adore the Patek Philippe brand. I was in Montreal several months ago where I met a very wealthy business owner, he wore an understated golden ellipse which at first glance would have seemed like nothing special - it was pretty much the opposite of "bling" you could say. These are the quintessential "old money" watches - completely in disguise from prying eyes, and only recognized by a handful of connoisseurs who appreciate their rare beauty and characteristic lines.

sorosaquanautlo3.jpg

This man is worth more money than the life savings of every single RWG member combined times three. He chooses to wear a rubber-strapped Aquanaut with pride, knowing that flash is unnecessary when you possess such magnificent wealth.

ppaquanaut4fz8.jpg

basel055rx9.jpg

So where's that PP forum ? ;-)

I concur with all that's been said above, the time4direct version (is that where you got it too ?) of the Aquanaut is indeed very pleasant to wear, more so than my MBK Nautilus that I can't adjust properly to my wrist. It has a screw down crown too, what I read above seemed to imply only the MBK rep had that, maybe I misunderstood.

I have the blue version which is great with jeans, black or brown would work better with a suit. It runs a bit fast so far, about +30s a day, but it may need to settle in as the previous owner didn't wear it much apparently.

Here is a picture I just took :

IMG_4147.JPG

Edited by webvan

A word of warning if you decide to remove the band, I just broke the little "teeth" on one side after removing the band to try to wash it. Can't source a blue replacement strap only black, not sure how it will look with the blue dial...

@DemonSlayer - are you looking at getting the MBK 5165 version or the Time4direct (others may have it too) 5167 version?

Nice pics again CORGI.

It is definitely an amazing and classy watch!

My hand is all right, just a lil scratch, but looks much worse on tha pic than it really is. Thanks for the concern :)

Will keep looking back at this tread for more pics when they are posted.

Will keep you all updated with the performance of the Aquanaut. For now enjoying a Chopard Mille Miglia GMT... the rep is really really well done as well. but the watch is no match for the Aquanaut in terms of elegance....

i never knew time4direct can be as comfortable as MBW version, I always thought MBW is the most comfy watch. YOu had just convinced me to get another PP watch!

[

quote name='webvan' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:59 AM' post='570942']

So where's that PP forum ? ;-)

I concur with all that's been said above, the time4direct version (is that where you got it too ?) of the Aquanaut is indeed very pleasant to wear, more so than my MBK Nautilus that I can't adjust properly to my wrist. It has a screw down crown too, what I read above seemed to imply only the MBK rep had that, maybe I misunderstood.

I have the blue version which is great with jeans, black or brown would work better with a suit. It runs a bit fast so far, about +30s a day, but it may need to settle in as the previous owner didn't wear it much apparently.

Here is a picture I just took :

IMG_4147.JPG

A word of warning if you decide to remove the band, I just broke the little "teeth" on one side after removing the band to try to wash it. Can't source a blue replacement strap only black, not sure how it will look with the blue dial...

@DemonSlayer - are you looking at getting the MBK 5165 version or the Time4direct (others may have it too) 5167 version?

I can't afford to MBK Pateks right now ;) It's gonna have to be the 5167 Asian version. From your comments and several others, it seems to be well built. I think I can live with the slow beat and the incorrect datefont.