When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ennebi Watches

cc

I went to GTG last thursday and spotted this on a member. it is a tank!! i'm considering one for myself.......

what do you think?

PICT0261.jpg

Ennebi Fondale Dive Watch with Black Dial

Brand new in box

Specially Priced: $3,750 USD

The watch is created by Alessandro Bettarini and Luciano Nincheri. Alessandro was the head engineer at Panerai prior to the Richemonte buy out. Ennebi watch is a company of engineres who used to work for the military.

It is said that Alessandro designed this, the first 1000 meter dive watch, in 1980 and a few prototypes were made but none were ordered by the Italian Navy, so this model never went into production.

Base Model w hour, minute & large sweeping second hand

Black Dial

Self winding movment 25,60 Caliber

Power reserve 38 hours

Case is 47 mm in Micropeened Titanium

Water and pressure tested of 1000m

Organic mineral glass with Anti Reflective Coating

Luminous minute digits and indicators

Self-locking bidirectional bezel, clicks every 2,5 min

Tantalum bezel index

24mm lugs

Italian Black Calf with Heavy Duty Pre Vendome style SS buckle

Limited Edition of 300 units.

here's a link to their line: http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php?t=tre...31665&rid=0

the pvd 45mm version is hot!!

cc

yeah... looks nice... but cmon! 3750!!! LOL

Mineral glass? ppppthhh Prototype for the Italian Navy??? ppppth!

They are just riding on Panerai's back... The greed of the world is increasing exponentially... Here's one fine example.

I say rep 'em and get it over with LOL

There is a reason that this prototype never went into production!

As an aside however, if this really were a prototype for Panerai and they did not ever produce any, would it really be available for sale? I assume that Panerai would still own the rights to it, prototype or not. I call B.S. as mentioned above, but I don't think they should waste their time making a rep of it. They need all the reverse engineering rep makers working on something better.

As a person who's handled an Ennebi in person allow me to throw in my 2 cents. First, this is a beat of a watch. I've noticed that fans of large dive watches seem to gravitate towards this watch. It really is a tank on a wrist. It's definitely a, "hey look at me", type of watch as well. Although it doesn't right away convey refinement/quality/etc. it does have just that. It feels a lot different than it looks is the way I'd describe it. It's obviously not for everyone, but that's the draw IMHO. I did consider for a brief moment, but I personally felt that my money would be better put to use on another gen. Just remember, there is no watch out there that's perfect. So... wear what you like.

Oh BTW, it's got one of the cleanest and easiest to read dials out there. My 2 cents.