When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canadian Buyer has a question

olsoty

Hi all,

I am like most newbies on here. I have a few watches already and came across this site trying to research where to buy decent Rep's. I live in Canada and am curious if anyone hass any success stories of purchasing online and having the product make it here safe and sound. Thanks for the help...

There are TONNES of Canadian members here. Being in BC, you will even get your watches probably in 4 days on the super fast end. The speed generally depends on having the item in stock or if they have to source it. But, once actually posted, it will take about 3-7 days to BC...7-10 days to Ontario.

I've never had a problem ordering here...or sending back. EMS tracking online is slow (it may take 4 days to get an update to the status...and the watch may well have arrived before a change shows up for your tracking number).

Buy from a reputable dealer, and you should be fine.

Do lots of research here. Read about the watch you are interested in...buying reviews for particular vendors. Buying reps is not like going to Home Depot or Costco. Customer service is there...but it's in China...so communication can be slow...problems with quality control will mean you have to mail things back at YOUR cost with potentially 2 months delay.

These are reps...they are not gens. Don't spend more than you can afford to lose. Treat it like a hobby and entertainment, and you will have fun. It is exciting to get your first rep...and once you get one...you'll suddenly have a list of all the ones you want to buy.

Finally, make sure you post back your experience to contribute back to the community, and upgrade your membership if you find the info here useful.

Use the search function here...it will likely answer almost all the questions you have.

I am Canadian and have successfully purchased 25+ reps in the past 3 years. Canada is the easiest country to import reps into as it is not illegal to purchase and own reps for personal use in Canada. It is illegal to obtain reps for commercial sale. This information is available on the RCMP website in the section on intellectual property crime in case you would like to verify it for yourself. Perhaps this will change under Steven Harper as he has spoken about toughen up the law in this area. For now all is easy and well.

An important point to keep in mind is that FedEx and UPS will not knowingly ship rep watches and all customs difficulties will come from using them. Regular mail or the Chinese courier service EMS used by most of the approved dealers on RWG have been trouble free for me.

Good luck and happy rep hunting. And welcome to RWG. This is a great place full of terrific members as I am certain you will discover over your time here.