When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753 188 rides again!

speedy1

Even though not totally finished yet, I have my watch back and it is bad ass. This is the old style case so it is the nicest of these reps released since these cases haven't been made for a bit now.

Ok, so here is the list of goodies because that is what everyone is interested in.

1. painted chrono hands

2. ALL hands have been relumed

3. dial relumed

4. crystal AR coated

5. lello crown

6. OEM CG from our favorite fleaBay seller of OEM Panerai Parts (It has a few good dings in it that I have not had removed yet. These dings are why it was replaced in the first place. I am also posting the watch for sale soon and will have full size pics of both the rep and genuine CG's together for comparison. They are very similar but the OE is just finished better all around.)

7. The watch will be completed when I get my date wheel back from finepics. THAT willbe the icing on the cake! and make this a super clean watch.

A HUGE THANKS to The Zigmeister for not only performing all of the work but also sourcing an OEM ETA datwheel so that I could get the watch back into working order.

84507-29670.jpg

I decided to go ahead and post a CG reference pic after a bit of polishing on the gen. Visually they are pretty close. But, the inside of the gen is totally finished with no machine markings. The lever finish just a tad finer plus the action feels smoother and tighter as well. Also the shape and centering of the pin is noticably different. And lastly, all of the edges of the gen are straight and square.

84507-29671.jpg

Sorry for not posting better pics, these were taking with my camera phone.

Edited by speedy1

Sorry for the lousy pic but the phone takes REALLY lousy pics in low light. It shines bright as hell but I just can't caputre it on the phone well at ALL! After repainting and reluming the Chrono hands and dial, The Zigmeister said the main hands did not glow enough to match the dial and chronos so he lumed them all. You can see the shine off of the face behind the main hands. I am going to have to buy or borrow a decent camera to take pics.

Anybody in the Dallas Fort Worth area?

85505-29507.jpg