When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

And now for something completely different...

TeeJay

These photos will soon be going up on my site, but I just wanted to post them here to show another aspect of the work I can do. These lightsabers are not intended to be 1:1 replicas, but they are 'inspired by' existing saber designs. I'd rather not sell them, but if people want to make offers, then I'd have to consider them, as right now, I need the money way more than I need the saber :lol: Apart from the first one... This one is mine, and not for sale at all :lol: I'm also happy to take custom requests :) Enjoy :)

DSCN5134.jpg

DSCN5132.jpg

DSCN5137.jpg

DSCN5135.jpg

any "lume" shots? :)

very nice workmanship... good luck with the sales...

Thanks :) These are only 'dress hilts', not ones with the LED systems :)

Are these fully functional? Could be useful against the war on terror.

If I'd figured out how to make a shaped, rotating forcefield, I sure wouldn't be having money worries :lol:

They're little more than fancy paper-weights, but good fun for costuming enthusiasts, or just display purposes :)

Ever try selling these to the freaks at the Sci Fi conventions like StarCon?

Oooops. You aren't one of them are you?

:o

Anyway, there are always guys there willing to fork over a good sum of cash for any prop that looks and feels realistic. You know, the 40 year old men who have their moms make their Jedi robes from scratch and think that if they can just focus hard enough they will be able to tell girl at work "you want to have sex with me" and she will respond obediently, "I want to have sex with you..." They fantasize day and night about scenarios like this.

That is your target market.

Most certainly not!!! :lol: I'm not someone who goes to a convention dressed as their hero, then goes to meet their hero/stand in line for their autograph whilst dressed like them :lol: I've heard how actors feel about such people, and it's not particularly complimentary :lol: I definitely don't want to be put in 'their' catagory :lol:

Now, if I would wear a Star Wars costume to an actual costume party, is a totally different kettle of fish :lol:

Anyway, there are always guys there willing to fork over a good sum of cash for any prop that looks and feels realistic. You know, the 40 year old men who have their moms make their Jedi robes from scratch and think that if they can just focus hard enough they will be able to tell girl at work "you want to have sex with me" and she will respond obediently, "I want to have sex with you..." They fantasize day and night about scenarios like this.

You're right about that :) As far as I'm concerned, everyone is my target market. Everyone from the Frat-boy who wants a tribal armband, to the Star Wars geek he beats up and flushes his head down the can, to the girl who wants a custom wedding dress drawn up. I can do something for anyone. As far as I'm concerned, it's all money on the table ^_^

There is a guy at work in his 50s, still lives at home with his retired parents (I think the only time he was away from home was when he was in the army)... he's said he's never had a girlfriend... and likes RPGs and he's said he went to a Star Trek convention dressed in Star Trek uniforms... :o

There is a guy at work in his 50s, still lives at home with his retired parents (I think the only time he was away from home was when he was in the army)... he's said he's never had a girlfriend... and likes RPGs and he's said he went to a Star Trek convention dressed in Star Trek uniforms... :o

Indeed, there are folks about like that. As far as I'm concerned, as long as they're happy, and not harming anyone else, I don't have a problem with them, but, I certainly wouldn't want to be one of them, as I've heard a few, well, not 'unpleasant' things said about them by actors, but, let's just say the actors don't always share the enthusiasm of the fans over their 'devotion' to the subject :lol: I think the actor with the best attitude towards such fans, is Wil Wheaton. I've read blogs where he's reminded other actors that it is those 'freaks' who put them where they are, and without them, they'd have nothing. A very smart, very humble and down to earth guy. As I said above, I draw the line at costume parties, although I'm sure the cons are great fun :lol:

SEE???!!! :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is my target market. Everyone from the Frat-boy who wants a tribal armband, to the Star Wars geek he beats up and flushes his head down the can, to the girl who wants a custom wedding dress drawn up. I can do something for anyone. As far as I'm concerned, it's all money on the table ^_^

Yeah, I was just talking about the light-saber.

If you could make them for not too much money, you could do very well. I see you doing the whole StarCon circuit in the U.S. - pretty soon you will be buddies with an aging washed-up Mark Hamill - listening to him tell stories in slurred speech about the filming of Episode IV and how much better of an actor he is than Harrison Ford - all while pounding back Budweiser at a TGI Friday's far from the convention center. And you will sell a few dozen light sabers for $295 per unit ($380 for the "Ultimate" with effects chip) at each convention.

It's going to be great man! Well, all except the part of having to watch Mark Hamill picking up flabby chain-smoking lounge lizards wearing lots of makeup.

mark%20hamill.jpg

SEE???!!! :lol:

Oh I knew they were out there already :lol:

Yeah, I was just talking about the light-saber.

If you could make them for not too much money, you could do very well. I see you doing the whole StarCon circuit in the U.S. - pretty soon you will be buddies with an aging washed-up Mark Hamill - listening to him tell stories in slurred speech about the filming of Episode IV and how much better of an actor he is than Harrison Ford - all while pounding back Budweiser at a TGI Friday's far from the convention center. And you will sell a few dozen light sabers for $295 per unit ($380 for the "Ultimate" with effects chip) at each convention.

It's going to be great man! Well, all except the part of having to watch Mark Hamill picking up flabby chain-smoking lounge lizards wearing lots of makeup.

mark%20hamill.jpg

Well, I don't think I'd be able to get over to to the US to do the con circuit, but, I'm sure some other opportunity will present itself :) Washed up or otherwise, one can never have too many celebrity friends :lol: