When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

upgraded pam212 - anyone pulled the trigger

Tom

has anyone bought the new upgraded pam212?

i hate upgrading a watch as you don't get the thrill of a new brand, but it's my favourite pam and my 212 with the 21k 7750 died recently.

should i go for it or do you think there might be some new and improved pams out soon. the rep brand seems to have been frozen in carbonite for a year or so. im hoping that might change very soon...

has anyone bought the new upgraded pam212?

i hate upgrading a watch as you don't get the thrill of a new brand, but it's my favourite pam and my 212 with the 21k 7750 died recently.

should i go for it or do you think there might be some new and improved pams out soon. the rep brand seems to have been frozen in carbonite for a year or so. im hoping that might change very soon...

Thanks to the sudden gusher of OEM PAM parts over the last 5 months I've lucked into Gen sapphire, sweep second hand, crown, and carbon fiber strap so I'm going to buy this version. My observations from the pics:

--The dial looks much better: they got the tic marks right direction at last and the numbers/markers look thicker, but maybe not thick enough. Those fonts look kind of gray, don't they? Let's hope it's just the pics.

--The case, CG, and pushers look the same as previous versions

--the caseback is improved. The H series caseback was an utter abortion.

--You could make a pretty accurate movement (in appearance, not function of course) by combining one of the new A7750's w/ pearlage and regulator w/ this rep's transfer gears and rotor.

--the brushing will have to be brought up to snuff as do all brushed PAM reps.

Once mine arrives and the above mods (plus a lume, of course) are complete I'll post pics.

Thanks to the sudden gusher of OEM PAM parts over the last 5 months I've lucked into Gen sapphire, sweep second hand, crown, and carbon fiber strap so I'm going to buy this version. My observations from the pics:

--The dial looks much better: they got the tic marks right direction at last and the numbers/markers look thicker, but maybe not thick enough. Those fonts look kind of gray, don't they? Let's hope it's just the pics.

--The case, CG, and pushers look the same as previous versions

--the caseback is improved. The H series caseback was an utter abortion.

--You could make a pretty accurate movement (in appearance, not function of course) by combining one of the new A7750's w/ pearlage and regulator w/ this rep's transfer gears and rotor.

--the brushing will have to be brought up to snuff as do all brushed PAM reps.

Once mine arrives and the above mods (plus a lume, of course) are complete I'll post pics.

I'd like to see that project Achibald. Please keep us posted!