When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What next?..Opinions needed!

mwee

Ok. 2008 has been an interesting year for me in terms of reps. I have always liked watches but am no WIS. Would buy a watch once a year or so (gens) but then sell them off to get other watches. This year, I have been using my funds on reps and modding (ok not by myself). This year alone I have bought

Corum Admiral Cup Competition K222 Ar Coating/Swapping of Day Date Wheel (sold)

Chopard GT XL Chrono Grey Dial (sold)

Ferrari 008 (sold)

IWC Ingy Lello DW K222 Ar Coating

IWC CD 06, The Zigmeister serviced relumed and now in proces of swapping with Swiss 7750

Pam 252 North Pole (modding in process)

Pam 111H (modding in process)

Looking at the reps I have, I realize that they are all leather/rubber strap combo except for Ingy. I am now looking at getting a watch with bracelet and woud to ask for any opinions or suggestion. size wise between 42-45mm. I am considering the Omega UPO and swapping it with gen parts but would love to hear any other oinions.

Thanks!

Really guys? Breitling? I have read the reviews and I know they are great reps but I have always found the dials to be too busy for me.

Lord Rasta,

I would have thought you would recommend the UPO!

It seems to me that you are already planning on modding a UPO. Remember, always think one watch ahead.

Ok. 2008 has been an interesting year for me in terms of reps. I have always liked watches but am no WIS. Would buy a watch once a year or so (gens) but then sell them off to get other watches. This year, I have been using my funds on reps and modding (ok not by myself). This year alone I have bought

Corum Admiral Cup Competition K222 Ar Coating/Swapping of Day Date Wheel (sold)

Chopard GT XL Chrono Grey Dial (sold)

Ferrari 008 (sold)

IWC Ingy Lello DW K222 Ar Coating

IWC CD 06, The Zigmeister serviced relumed and now in proces of swapping with Swiss 7750

Pam 252 North Pole (modding in process)

Pam 111H (modding in process)

Looking at the reps I have, I realize that they are all leather/rubber strap combo except for Ingy. I am now looking at getting a watch with bracelet and woud to ask for any opinions or suggestion. size wise between 42-45mm. I am considering the Omega UPO and swapping it with gen parts but would love to hear any other oinions.

Thanks!

Def. buy the SMP chrono...... !! :D

It seems to me that you are already planning on modding a UPO. Remember, always think one watch ahead.

Lord Rasta,

I am partial to the UPO but would love to hear any alternatives from other watch enthusiats. The problem with modding a UPO to the hilt would be the cost!

Shundi,

Love your avatar!