When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

back to six again

erwinner

after trading some of the PAM's (111H and 231 radiomir rosegold) and the MM GT XL for 2 IWC's the watchbox is full again....

After waiting for over a year for a nice 3717 on the members trade section, jkarpas offered both his 3717 and Ingy for a trade. Thanks JKARPAS for this great opportunity!

As also the ingy was on my 'most wanted' list for some time allready I decided to give jkarpas the opportunity to pic from my collection. He's now the proud owner of a 111H Luminor, 231 rosegold Radiomir and Mille Miglia GT XL White Face (all with decent strap's offcourse).

But now back to the IWC's... the were both in need for some help which my watchsmith took care of last saturday.

the 3717 allready had Jakub's AR (an earlier version though as I've seen a Jakub with almost invisible crystal last month from another member), ETA wheels and a new A7750 installed. One of the markers on the V1 (!) dial was loose though and needed some superglue. also the chrono-second-hand and chrono-hour-hand needed to be reset which my watchsmith did perfectly. So now the only thing left is a nice strap and the 3717 will often compete for wrist time with my gen mkXVI.

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

the Ingy also needed attention. apparently during transport the hands got blocked somehow; luckily I wanted to install the original rep dial which was supplied with the watch and replace the allready mounted AMG-dial. I did ask the watchmaker though to keep the red second-hand which I think is a great combination. Also the lello DW was installed fine.

IMG_2052.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

so now my collection is back to 6 again and i guess this will be sufficient for the near future...

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

some spec's on the other watches in the collection:

- mk XVI is a gen so nothing much more to say then 'read the 17 page thread on this long wanted beauty'

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

- Sub is just a regular sub (with ETA) which is great for holidays and the occasional swimmingpool

9889bc17.jpg

- GST was the first high-end rep out there and started my lust for IWC (guess I'll never part with this one as it's a great dress and weekend watch)

5288ff64.jpg

- 177H is the titanium watch which is great in the weekends (mounted on a fiero strap)

PAM177H_015.jpg

Edited by erwinner